Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a firewall sound proof pad worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
What is a stock, good condition, engine side, sound proofing pad worth these days? The car is a 74 2.0L.

I'm going to be taking mine out and will replace with something else. But, I know there are people with "stock" cars who want to keep their cars with original-style parts only.
carr914
I've never had one come out in Good Condition!
boxsterfan
Mine has probably been replaced at some point in the life of the car. Whomever replaced it put in a stock one again. I know....hard to believe they would be in good condition, but this one appears to be so.
CptTripps
No clue...but I've thrown a few in the trash.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Mar 17 2014, 03:31 PM) *

No clue...but I've thrown a few in the trash.

agree.gif
GaroldShaffer
I sold one at Stoddard last year for $50. I brought there by mistake, guy asked me what I wanted for it and I said make me an offer and he said $50 and I said sold! Now keep in mind it was perfect, no rips, no chunks missing. I think shipping would be a PITA and it is HEAVY!!!!
914Sixer
I'm with TC, I have never had one come out whole. Most are rotten, bend and break. Get what every you can. Too many options for better deadening.
boxstr
I've had two of them and sold for $60. Each plus shipping.
Craig at CAMP
JmuRiz
I got mine out almost in tact, was careful thinking someone may want it...sounds like everyone else took em out too.
No way I'm putting one back in after it got fixed/painted!
boxsterfan
I pulled out my engine side firewall sound proofing pad this weekend.

The good: It came out in one piece and if somebody looking for an OEM sound pad I have a good one for you.

The bad: I have rust dead center on the firewall where the firewall meets the engine bay deck (in the depressed area). Fortunately, it is just surface rust and passed the screwdriver test.
boxstr
That would be a good reason, not to have one.
Craig at CAMP
76-914
$0.00 value. I gave my uber heavy rust blanket away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.