Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Two sets of Weber 40s and one set Weber 44s - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThePaintedMan
All right boys and girls,
Just finished rebuilding several sets of Webers and I know there are a few of you here looking for some to get your project up and running. I put these packages together based on what application I thought each would work best with. I'd like to try to keep them together as pictured, but I understand each of you will have your own needs and applications, so I'll split them up but let each buyer know what additional components may be necessary to complete their installation. Sorry in advance for the crappy pictures and I can provide more if needed. Everything was a little cleaner before I started moving things around with my dirty hands.

Buyer pays shipping and Paypal fees if necessary. All proceeds go towards the down payment on our first home next month! piratenanner.gif

First set: 40 IDFs - $550
Complete with hex bar linkage, but missing carb tops which can be purchased from CB Performance. Air filters are used but have been cleaned and degreased. If you stick with the Hex Bar linkage, I am not positive that these air cleaner bases are the correct ones for our Type IV engines. I think that the CB hex bar linkage needs an offset-style air filter base in order to maintain the correct geometry, which can be ordered directly from them. Otherwise they are complete with velocity stacks and the longer intakes pictured. Note: these were rebuilt, then installed on my car (with different jets) for about 3 months. I removed them this past weekend and drained them of fuel. Recommended for a street driven car under 2.0 liter displacement or smaller.

Main chokes: 28mm
Main jets: 120
Idle jets: 50
Emulsion tubes: F11
Air correction jets: 200

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Second set: 44 IDFs - $500 and/or bellcrank linkage $50

These were completely disassembled, bead blasted, dipped and rebuilt. I'm pairing these with the shorter intakes on the assumption they'd work for a bigger engine intended for a lot of track or high-rpm use as shorter intakes tend to improve peak HP over torque. Included are a set of new base gaskets. You'll need linkage to go with them (possibly the bellcrank linkage pictured below them) and a set of aircleaners. Again, I like the aluminum units from CB Performance. I'd also highly recommend Tangerine Racing's cable linkage setup - I believe Chris' new design allows the use of the short intakes.

Main chokes: 36mm
Main jets: 145
Idle jets: 55
Emulsion tubes: F11

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
Third set: Weber 40 IDFs - $275

This is the set for someone on a budget. These were pieced together and repaired as when I received them they were incomplete. I sourced hardware for them that was missing including a throttle shaft, new modern sealed throttle shaft bearings, several missing adjustment screws, etc. I'm including a set of factory velocity stacks as well. It appears that someone rebushed one of the throttle shaft bores at some point and did a great job. I do not detect any slop in the throttle shaft or butterfly plates. You'll need a set of intakes to go with these, air cleaners, linkage and one .50 Accelerator pump jet (I did not have one on hand, but CB Performance carries them). You'll also need the correct hardware for the ends of the carbs depending on which linkage you go with.

Main chokes: 28mm
Main jets: 115
Idle jets: 50
Emulsion tubes: F15

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
PM sent.
ThePaintedMan
Updated with jetting specs. If you need more info on any set, let me know.

The 44s are tentatively spoken for.

ThePaintedMan
Bump for new prices.

Might also be willing to separate or mix and match components. I also have some different jets for these and can rejet them for most applications.
ThePaintedMan
44s are now available again.

Final bump before they go on Ebay. I seem to be getting pretty good luck there lately anyhow, but it's a shame to let them go outside of our community.
ThePaintedMan
All carbs sold piratenanner.gif

As always, I'm looking for more Webers and Dellortos to rebuild, so if you've got an old dusty set laying around, please let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.