Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is "Normal" rust on a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
What is the point where a car should be passed up to look for a better car? I was rust hunting today and hit a few areas I didn't want to see. It's hard to take pictures of, but where do you cut your losses? Mostly/mainly the hell hole area, right rocker/jackstand areas. Disappointing, but doable. Who wants to weld it for me? headbang.gif
colingreene
Throw some pictures up if you can.
Larmo63
I'm out of town the next few days. Maybe my fiance will pull the motor and weld it up for me while I'm gone.
billh1963
Pretty much all unrestored 914's have rust.....even those in California.

That being said, there are more solid examples to choose from on the West Coast than the East Coast.

What kind of rust did you see? True surface rust or real rust...the nasty, chunky, "holey" kind?

Larmo63
Mostly on the right side, I don't even want to take the rocker off. I think it could be the "holy schitt" kind.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 18 2014, 08:41 PM) *

Mostly on the right side, I don't even want to take the rocker off. I think it could be the "holy schitt" kind.

Does it look like this?

Click to view attachment

or this?

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Normal surface rust
barefoot
Normal rear trunk rust from leaking around tail light housings soaking into the under carpet mat. Image shows what i used out of repair panel sawzall-smiley.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.