Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 6 Goes For Peanuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
So I respond to this ad. No answer. try again. Today find out it was a factory six and was just sold.......for $3k mad.gif

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/4376466776.html

Did somebody here get this?
Beach914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Mar 18 2014, 10:39 AM) *

So I respond to this ad. No answer. try again. Today find out it was a factory six and was just sold.......for $3k mad.gif

I just got a message back from him also. I tried to get to see it yesterday but missed it. Rats....

I told him he could have sold it for a lot more.
Beach914
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Mar 18 2014, 10:42 AM) *

I just got a message back from him also. I tried to get to see it yesterday but missed it. Rats....

Said Someone from Poway.
7TPorsh
Ya, Poway

I told him too...seller probably kicking himself
billh1963
Somebody got lucky, for sure! smile.gif

Maybe I'll post similar ads every now and then just to get everyone excited.

Like, "1969 Porsche 911. Belonged to my grandfather. Not running but looks to be complete and rust free. Not sure what model but has an S on the lid. $5,000 obo"

Or, "1955 Porsche. Pretty beat up...looks like it was a race car. Has a couple strange looking VW engines included that like dual cams. $4,000 obo".
7TPorsh
Yeah, know somebody that got a Corvette when they answered an ad for a 1967 Chevette.
Crap!
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 18 2014, 01:53 PM) *

Like, "1969 Porsche 911. Belonged to my grandfather. Not running but looks to be complete and rust free. Not sure what model but has an S on the lid. $5,000 obo"

Or, "1955 Porsche. Pretty beat up...looks like it was a race car. Has a couple strange looking VW engines included that like dual cams. $4,000 obo".

found something similar in the sandbox smile.gif
http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/4361967327.html
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 18 2014, 11:33 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 18 2014, 01:53 PM) *

found something similar in the sandbox smile.gif
http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/4361967327.html

Ha that's the S.S. Minnow Skipper!
Tom
Maybe it is the guy from Poway who owes me money for my 70 914 1.7 liter. I won't hold my breath!! But-head Russian! Tried many times to contact him, no response. If it is, I hope the car falls apart from rust!!!
Tom

Now some one got a great buy and you had to tell the guy had could have gotten more...
One way to make the guy feel good. confused24.gif
Qarl
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 18 2014, 08:20 PM) *

Now some one got a great buy and you had to tell the guy had could have gotten more...

I've been into playing and collecting the banjo the past few years. On my banjo forum, a banjo came up on e-bay. Someone picked it up at a yard sale. It was an old Gibson with a broken peg head and broken banjo head. The seller proclaimed at the yard sale that he was going to throw it away, but figured it might be worth something so he put it out at the sale with a sign for $150. Some guy haggled and got it for $100.

The buyer really didn't know what he had either, but figured it was worth more than $100 since it was a Gibson and appeared to be gold plated.

Even in broken condition, it went for $15K on ebay. It was a 1929 Gibson Granada. It was recently repaired (new neck made) and was just appraised at $30K.

The guy was beyond himself getting $15K for it on ebay. I'm not sure he had the balls to go back to the yard sale guy and tell him what he lost!

Gibson Granada
Beach914
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 18 2014, 05:20 PM) *

Well I didn't tell you that he also told me that there were lots of other 914's on CL for under $4k......
mepstein
QUOTE(Qarl @ Mar 18 2014, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Mar 18 2014, 08:20 PM) *

I've been into playing and collecting the banjo the past few years. On my banjo forum, a banjo came up on e-bay. Someone picked it up at a yard sale. It was an old Gibson with a broken peg head and broken banjo head. The seller proclaimed at the yard sale that he was going to throw it away, but figured it might be worth something so he put it out at the sale with a sign for $150. Some guy haggled and got it for $100.

The buyer really didn't know what he had either, but figured it was worth more than $100 since it was a Gibson and appeared to be gold plated.

Even in broken condition, it went for $15K on ebay. It was a 1929 Gibson Granada. It was recently repaired (new neck made) and was just appraised at $30K.

The guy was beyond himself getting $15K for it on ebay. I'm not sure he had the balls to go back to the yard sale guy and tell him what he lost!

Gibson Granada

My son's bagpipe instructor picked up a set of pipes at a garage sale for $100. Turned out to be an antique pair, 100+ years old, made with real ivory - $10K all day long. He plays them all the time.
pete000
I got the same reaction from the guy, he told me to keep looking there are lots of 914s for under 4 grand on Craig's List.

I wonder if he just sold it to the first email Lottery style.
pete000
We will probably see it on ebay by the end of the week for 21K !
We win some and lose some...Years back, I called on an add on a -6 with a trailer in Long Beach. Person was tired of refurbishing it. I passed it up for 5k as I already had three other cars. The other one that got away was the GT that Jerry Seinfeld now has. Got home after checking it out ...mentioned it to the wife ..she said, you will never sell it so as to appreciation...forget it. Like Frank Sinatra said- that's life.
Enjoy your day. drunk.gif
hblyle
WOW, I saw that add and for the price figured it was a v6. I live just a few miles away and had no idea!
7TPorsh
It's odd. I just cruise Craigslist for fun with no intent on buying a car. But I saw 1970, 6 cylinder and Fuchs and a bell went off in my head. Intuition.

The guy didn't realize what he had and sold it to the first guy who showed up with cash.

Closeness only counts in playing horseshoes. 2nd place here gets zip. oh well.

I'm sure we will soon see a "barn find" 914-6 listed for sale in Poway....
913B
I wonder if he is tired of all the email inquiries.
Most people would be irritated by now after its been sold.
Maybe this is his way of gauging what is it worth ?

confused24.gif
Rav914
WOT, but did you read about (or saw on TV) the metal scrap dealer who bought this gold egg for $14k. Turns out it's a Faberge, and worth $20M+. The guy who sold it for scrap metal prices is still sitting in a chair, pale, and in a cold sweat.
1TRICK6
I saw this ad for this so-called 6 less than a hr after it was posted, sent seller a few msgs right after and told him I was close-by and never got a reply Doubt if he sold it for 3k or if he even had a 6 to sell. Maybe that's why he posted the ad with no photos. Some people like doing shit like that to mess with other people. So don't dwell on missing a deal cause u probably didn't. Nuff Said.
914bub
Pre April fools? confused24.gif If it's real it's truly the one that got away....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.