Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (MPC) The guy who gave me the race bug...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
I had wondered what happened to the guy. I worked for/with him in the early 90's, back when we had a lot more people here and 4 of us were Porsche freaks. He used to be active in PCA-Santa Barbara autocross back when they ran on the tarmac at Pt. Magu, and raced in SCCA before that.

Now the dude is racing sprint cars on dirt out in Ventura...

http://www.scrafan.com/vraseniors/main.html

No wonder I never see him at p-car events anymore. He just bought a 600HP, 1000lb car that spends its life going sideways.
Gint
That's gotta be a blast! How much do one of those buggies go for anyway?
Zeke
Which guy on the site is he? I hope he's not Previous Movies or whatever the hell that name was ohmy.gif
EdwardBlume
Those guys have serious b@lls. You often see them on the "amazing crashes" reels.
campbellcj
His name is Bill Leonard (senior series; he's prolly in his 60's by now). I dunno anything about the cars or the racing, but the events he drives are fairly close to my house (Seaside Park in Ventura, same venue as the German Autofest I think), so I will check it out sometime this summer.

He has already rolled the car at least once, and broken a rib. There is apparently quite a bit of contact as the cars are sliding all over the damn place, and the tracks are extremely small.

One thing I could -definitely- get used to compared to the road racing stuff...their events start at 4 PM :flower:
Brad Roberts
You would be surprised how many EX road racers are running Sprint cars now.

For less racing money..you get PAID if you place in the top 3. Now..there is a concept.

I want to take the school up here (dirt track school) they put you into a WoO car and send you out on the dirt with headset instruction. Nothing like 750hp alcohol injected SBC between your legs.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.