Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rearview mirror options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
double-a
after replacing the windshield in the '75 1.8, i need a new mirror.

so what's available for a new rearview mirror? i've heard of some using bmw 2002 mirrors and maybe others that mount to the center visor area, and this is what i'm looking for. i want a clean install that doesn't look like a hack job, and needs to appear stock, (because i'm anal like that IPB Image ).

and... will a mirror installed betwixt the visors drop down low enough to see out the back? thanks,

~a
Air_Cooled_Nut
I HIGHLY recommend this:

IPB Image

http://www.performanceproducts.com/Product...&producttype=10

Originally installed in my first 914, it got moved to my Squareback. Then I bought one for my Jetta. Then bought another for my g/f's Passat (she loves it). Gonna get another one for my "new" 914. Uses a standard GM window mount (tab glues to the windshield, comes with mirror and instructions).

My Squareback did have a 5-panel Wink mirror and that was truely a very nice mirror unless I went faster than 70mph to which the mirror would oscillate and everything became blurred. The Wink mirror also consumed more windscreen real estate so I had duck down to see when the stop light turned green. I didn't like the fact that I had to drill holes in my car to mount it.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Installed in Jetta:

IPB Image
Dr Evil
I am selling a modified mirror that bolts to where the center pivot for your visors goes and takes the place of it. $50 including shipping.
double-a
hm, a couple good options, guys. thanks!

~a
TravisNeff
I like Evil's mirror. I have auto dimming mirrors in my jeep liberty, and damn, that would be great on the 914 being so low.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.