Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Craigs List unknown year 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
HalfMoon
This one looks very very interesting
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/4366405347.html
BeatNavy
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Mar 19 2014, 05:33 PM) *

I exchanged emails with the owner, and he reports it as a 73. I'm trying to arrange to check it out tomorrow.
HalfMoon
Awesome! Good luck. Lemme know what you find out cause I might take a look at it too!
D
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 19 2014, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Mar 19 2014, 05:33 PM) *

I exchanged emails with the owner, and he reports it as a 73. I'm trying to arrange to check it out tomorrow.

BeatNavy
Ok, I got to look at this today. Bottom line: I think it needs to be parted out. I showed up at the appointed time but nobody was there when I knocked on the door. Saw the car, so I took a look. Serious rust everywhere important. The engine support bar is resting on the ground passenger side as the engine mounts have rusted out and given way. Interior is pretty rough. I tried to look at the engine, but the lid wouldn't open and I didn't want to force it too hard.

This would be a big project for someone SERIOUSLY interested in bringing something back from the dead. If that's not your interest, don't bother.
HalfMoon
Good research and data Bro!

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 20 2014, 07:05 PM) *

Ok, I got to look at this today. Bottom line: I think it needs to be parted out. I showed up at the appointed time but nobody was there when I knocked on the door. Saw the car, so I took a look. Serious rust everywhere important. The engine support bar is resting on the ground passenger side as the engine mounts have rusted out and given way. Interior is pretty rough. I tried to look at the engine, but the lid wouldn't open and I didn't want to force it too hard.

This would be a big project for someone SERIOUSLY interested in bringing something back from the dead. If that's not your interest, don't bother.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.