Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: body parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smrz914
I was just wondering how many sheet metal pieces are available to us. I know restoration design has some of the common spots. how much of a 914 can be made with new sheet metal. Don't think i want to attempt to do anything like this, not yet at least.

What about other items. What stuff can no one buy any more. Stuff that isn't produced.
McMark
AA makes a bunch of metal. One piece that no one seems to make is a replacement top of the long. Everybody's hell hole is bad. Why hasn't anyone mad a patch that already fits? IPB Image
tracks914
QUOTE (McMark @ Jan 9 2005, 06:45 PM)
Everybody's hell hole is bad. Why hasn't anyone mad a patch that already fits? IPB Image

IPB Image
neo914-6
Paul,

Are these questions because a bunch of parts manufacturers are making a whole new metal Camaro body available? Too bad there aren't too many resto parts companys for the 914..

How's your car?
Joe Bob
Last time I looked...they had ALL the body parts for 356s, 911, 914s etc....
http://www.restoration-design.com/

Not exactly cheap....but they are available. Jim at Easy Porsche up north of me has good soilid used stuff....he's a good guy.
smrz914
How's your car?

Miserable. Well at least I am about the car. Broke my 3rd 901. I can still move with this one but it sounds horrible. Well I wanted to start it but I knew the battery was dead and I don't have a charger so I went out and got a charger and am charging the battery right now. And i'll charge the battery out of my other 914 after. But being a 914 i open the drivers door so I could see what the volt gage said. After seeing that it read nothing, finding my carpets compleatly soaked and my seat wet even with a tarp over my car IPB Image , I got out and closed the door. Out of the corner of my eye I see the targa bar move back. Open the door, targa bar moves forward IPB Image So I decided to not drive the car untill i fix the rust. I declare the car unsafe. So in deciding this I also realize that this will not happen intill I build myself a garage (i usually use the front deck at my house. But that won't happen till I have enough money and as things are going that won't happen any time soon. So my car will sit. I think i'll pull the 1.7 from the other 914 and prep that car for the v8. That'll happen this summer if i'm lucky.

Last time I looked...they had ALL the body parts for 356s, 911, 914s etc....

So everything is available from restoration design. Do they have more 914 sections on their site?
neo914-6
compleatly soaked and my seat wet even with a tarp over my car

Yeah, I found tarps aren't completely waterproof or else the film degrades from the UV over time.

Sorry to hear about the rust, at least it didn't fall apart when you were driving it...
smrz914
at least it didn't fall apart when you were driving it...

very true. It'll just be one of those things that will take lots of time to fix, and it gives me a chance to do things the right way. So in a way it's a good thing.

She did start though so that is good. The alternater doesn't charge but that is a minor thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.