Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1975 914 2.2 Daily Driver for sale for DIRT CHEAP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tumamilhem
You dread it the moment it happens, but this time it was a blessing in disguise.

My Scarlet got bumped into in a parking lot. I was stopped behind an SUV that was stopped at a stop sign. I was half in, half out of a parking lot waiting for him to go, which he did - in REVERSE. He hit the front driver side of my bumper. He didn't hit me hard as there was about 10 feet between us and he was just going a couple miles per hour, but he damaged the hood, driver fender and slightly pushing the fender into the driver door, making it slightly out of alignment. The rest of the car is fine. The kicker - I was en route to sell it. headbang.gif

The good news is, my insurance company will pay me out for it. They plan on selling it at auction. However, following suite from other members here, I inquired about buying the car back, which they will let me do for just a few thousand. So, since I'm already getting paid from the insurance company, if I can buy it back and sell it as-is for a few extra bucks, it would be a win-win.

1. It can stay on the road (won't mean one less 914 on the road)
2. Someone can get a good daily driver 914 and for CHEAP since I'm already getting paid for it
3. I can make a few extra bucks that I'll put towards repairs I spent and still need to spend on my LE

The insurance company is waiting for me to decide if I will retain the car or not. I will not get paid until I make that decision because if I retain it, they will deduct the cost of me to buy it back from my check. So I'd like to sell it quickly. There is a guy in town who is interested in it and he's seen it before. He told me he's interested in buying it as-is when we ran into each other at the Amelia Island Concours d-Elegance. He came by yesterday with another Porsche 911/356 guy to check it out, drive it, etc. He said he liked it and wanted it, but has to convince his wife (he already spoke to her about it before coming over and wasn't thrilled about him having yet another car in their "lot." So he's going to let me know in a couple days after he tries to convince her. There's also a guy in Naples who wanted to buy my car before it was hit. His brother, a mechanic and race car driver teacher, came by from Savannah to check it out and drive it for him. He reported back a few days later and told me he wanted to buy it, the same day it was hit, but also a day after someone local wanted to buy it. After it was hit, I told him and sent him pictures and he said he still wanted it, that it wasn't much damage and he could fix it himself, and even better I would sell it to him at a fraction of the cost. However, I haven't been able to reach him since (2 months later). He and his brother told me he was terminally ill and always wanted a 914, kind of like his last wish. Sadly, I have my suspicions of why I haven't been able to reach him now.

Anyway, I decided to go ahead and post an ad since my insurance company is waiting on me to decide if I am going to retain the car or not, so I want to sell it quick. It was my daily driver for 10 years, has a rebuilt 2.2 2000cc engine and rebuilt original L-jet fuel injection. Drives just fine. I just had it thoroughly gone through for a tune up before I put it up for sale. Absolutely no rust in the hell hole. I've listed below some things I've had done to it (I have documented receipts for all of it) with before pics I took for my ads and after pics at the scene when it got backed into. FYI, I did remove the rear 911 reflector and put back in the push-button trunk release.

To retain the car will cost me just a few thousand so I can turn it around for cheap. Basically, you buy the engine and get the rest of the car for free. Letting it go at a steal for only $4.8K OBO Want to sell QUICK because I won't get paid until I decide to keep it or not (they deduct the cost of buying it back from my check). driving.gif

WORK/SERVICE/IMPROVEMENTS DONE:
- /4 Engine completely rebuilt to 2.2 2000 cc with larger 96mm pistons, bore and larger jugs, etc.
- Original L-jet fuel injection and air flow meter rebuilt and works great.
- Side shifter transmission serviced.
- New distributor.
- Interior is in very nice shape.
- All knobs in dash work and are in excellent shape.
- Dash back in great shape. Front dash has cover.
- Original leather wrapped steering wheel.
- Factory carpet in great shape.
- Original speaker grills (no speakers).
- Back pad in great shape.
- Seats in good shape, has a few rips in the sides.
- Pop-up headlamps and factory option fog lights all work and in great condition.
- Pop-up headlamp motors replaced.
- Targa hard top in excellent shape, no scratches, fading, etc. Still has original headliner carpeting - doesn't sag.
- Original factory wheels plus spare wheel.
- Brand new BF Goodrich G-Force performance tires.
- Front and rear bumpers are in excellent shape save the cut in the front from the accident.
- Original side mirror in great shape.
- Engine grille in great shape.
- Larger (front) calipers on rear.
- New starter
- New bearings
- New crank shaft
- New push rods
- New gasket kit
- Replaced fan
- New fan belt
- New speedometer cable
- New motor mounts
- Replaced fly wheel
- New larger oil cooler, cooler adapters, fittings, liners
- New set of shifter bushings
- Replaced ignition coil
- Replaced fuel pressure regulator
- Repainted wire harness to dual fuel relay
- Cleaned all grounds to maintain harness under circuit block and relays

Recent pics before it was hit:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914itis
Interested, can you post picture of the damaged area. Can't seem to see any on the ones posted
tumamilhem
After

Hood, front driver fender and light need to be replaced
Click to view attachment

Fender rubbed driver door
Click to view attachment

Only damage to bumper cover is small cut. Can be heat sealed or glued back together. Bumper is fine, both retractable bumper springs need to be replaced.
Click to view attachment

Driver side front tub got pushed in a little on one side.
Click to view attachment
tumamilhem
PS - there is no alignment damage. The car was just tapped. It is mechanically sound, was still driving it afterward and drove it yesterday. Can be used as a daily driver. If want for a parts car, it's the best parts car you'll find because it's in good shape, rebuilt engine, good tranny, new performance tires, thousands in all good parts. a steal at $4.8K for a driver or parts car. Already getting money from the insurance company so if I can sell it for just a bit more than what I can buy it back for, a few more bucks will be nice and a nice steal for someone else.
tumamilhem
Open to offers.
did the front pan or front axel/suspension get bent?
tumamilhem
QUOTE(7391420 @ Mar 20 2014, 01:53 PM) *

did the front pan or front axel/suspension get bent?

Nope. The front axle and the suspension were unaffected and are just fine. Car drives straight. No mechanics were affected at all and the alignment is fine and it drives just like it did before. I took two people out in it just yesterday. Can also drive at night as headlights were not damaged. The top part behind the bumper where the bumper spring is on the driver side got pushed in by only 1 inch (as you can see in the pics). It's not even enough to affect opening and closing the hood. It does not need to be replaced or cut out. It can simply be pulled back into place. The rest of the surrounding tub is fine. It wasn't in a collision on the street to do enough damage. It was just tapped, backed into in a parking lot.

FYI, it looks deeper than it actually is because the bumper cover is not on the bumper completely on the driver side. As you can see, you can see the bumper metal under the rubber cover on the driver side whereas on the left it completely goes over it as it should. The cover is forward on the bumper from rolled up (see first "after" picture), making it look deeper. But measured (and you can see on the tub itself), it got pushed in by very little.
tumamilhem
BTW the car was just washed, waxed and detailed yesterday. biggrin.gif lol

Yes, I had some free time. beer3.gif
brooks944
PM sent.

Rick
tumamilhem
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Mar 21 2014, 01:11 PM) *

PM sent.

Rick

Pic per request

Floor pans are solid. (see previous pics underneath car also)

Click to view attachment
tumamilhem
welder.gif
914itis
I made a fair offer.
tumamilhem
More specific pics per request:

Entire fuel injection was gone through 3 months ago as part of a refreshing tuneup to be put back up for sale. Original fuel injection runs well and smooth with absolutely no issues. Completely rebuilt fuel injection air flow meter:

Click to view attachment

No rust in the dreaded hell hole (don't mind the twig and leaf photobomb):

Click to view attachment

Completely rebuilt engine to a more powerful 2.2 2000cc with larger 96mm pistons, bore and larger jugs with second large external oil cooler. I have all the detailed and documented paperwork for the engine rebuild which came to $3764:

Click to view attachment
kevin311
Sending PM
tumamilhem
Just sold. Check cleared yesterday.
DRPHIL914
this was a nice clean southern car, hope it went to a good home- anyone here on world?
brooks944
Yes, hopefully it will be shipped to it's new home in TN this week. This will be my sixth p-car but first 914.

Thanks,
Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.