Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early 1.7 no start, FI troubles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matt5596
'71 1.7 with original FI, won't start.
  • Fuel is circulating; although, fuel pressure has not been tested.
  • I have spark.
  • Pulled injector and placed in glass jar - no squirt.
  • Power supply relay (supplies power to ECU?) checked out good.

Distributor doesn't appear to have injector trigger points (i have only one wire coming off the distributor).

What else should I check? confused24.gif
Spoke
Is this no-start a new issue or has the engine never ran for you before?

Are you sure the dizzy doesn't have trigger points? How about the connector on the dizzy for the trigger points?

Where's the connector for the trigger points? Have you located that on the engine?

Without the trigger points you will have no fuel in the injectors.
matt5596
It was running before changing out all the fuel lines. Maybe i knocked something loose.

I only assumed no trigger points since i saw only one wire coming off the distributor.

Spoke
Should be a connector coming off the base of the dizzy. If not, find the pigtail with 3 or 4 wires that connects to it and reconnect it.
914_teener
The connector is usually on the backside of the dizzy and comes from the FI harness......gotta stick your head in there.
TheCabinetmaker
You got the supply and return lines crossed perhaps.
Dave_Darling
Perhaps that. Also check all of the electrical plugs in the engine bay. It's not that hard to bump one and disconnect it. Every once in a while, you may be able to move it enough to disconnect the connector electrically, but not enough for the plug to be flopping around loose...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.