Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Once Again, It was Going So Well
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Out for a drive in the sun. Top off. Zipping along. Shift gears. POP headbang.gif headbang.gif

Who wants to help fix a broken clutch tube?

Thank goodness I had a pair of vice grips in the car so I could get home.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 20 2014, 05:09 PM) *
Out for a drive in the sun. Top off. Zipping along. Shift gears. POP headbang.gif headbang.gif

Who wants to help fix a broken clutch tube?

Thank goodness I had a pair of vice grips in the car so I could get home.

I used a pair of vise grips on a broken clutch tube. Twenty years later it was still doing its job rolleyes.gif

driving.gif
Spoke
This hardware store clamp and angle iron worked for about 8 years until I finally pulled the engine and fixed properly.

Click to view attachment

Here's the permanent repair with 2 layers of 14 ga steel.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Yep I am looking at a temp repair for a while. But will be doing it right at so,e point. You bringing the welder from PA?
dlee6204
If you bring it over the mountain to Asheville some weekend I could weld that up for ya. welder.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 20 2014, 05:24 PM) *

If you bring it over the mountain to Asheville some weekend I could weld that up for ya. welder.gif

May have to do that as my wife has so far been supportive but draws the line at me buying a welder. confused24.gif Ok so there are a few unexplained fires in my history but I don't think that they are relevant.
JawjaPorsche
Your wife is wise, very wise! dry.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 20 2014, 05:33 PM) *

Your wife is wise, very wise! dry.gif

My wife says welders are like pickup trucks. You don't need to own one all the time, but it is good to know some on who has a truck just in case.

Faulty logic if you ask me! I have always owned a pickup so I should have a welder also
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.