Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Re-Apolster in Leather?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
Anyone ever considered re-apolstering the seats in a nice/new leather? How about the dash-pads and door panels too? You can get 60sq ft of black leather on eBay for about $120. I'm just thinking it may be worth an attempt on an old interior out of a yard or something.
Red-Beard
Just had this done last summer....

This Blond is Done
TravisNeff
60sf? that's a big cow! Must be 2 or 3 sides, and a good price to boot. From what I can see they run right around 25sf each, I have found a website that sells sides from 50-75 each.

http://www.brettunsvillage.com/leather/sides.htm
Joe Bob
I did it on a 914/6 that I sold last year....looks and smells nice. Backpad and center were vinyl....side peices and seats were leather....
Mueller
World Upolstry sells kits premade for our cars...easily 2x the price of the standard stuff....

there are a few 914s running around with leather interiors....they look nice IPB Image
DougC
How many sides (25sq.ft) would be necessary for a full interior re-do? Including back-pad, center section, dash, etc? Have you purchased from this retailer? Those prices are great.

Doug C
skline
For anyone wanting to do an Aubergine car interior to match. Here is just what you need.

Eggplant leather
jr91472
I did my seats in leather...love it, definetly worth the extra cost. Must softer than vinyl.

Haven't decided about the back pad and door panels yet. May go vinyl there.
skline
Not me, if I go leather, it will be seats, door panels, most of the backpad, dash and trim pieces as well. The part directly behind the seats would be vinyl since it doesnt really show.
TravisNeff
I have my eyeballs on the copper canyon color, flip it over for a suede look on the dash and accents. As for how much?? Dunno, give yourself a lot of room for fudge factor, once you mess up on stiches and have to start over some pieces will show your bullet holed work, you may have to scrap some and start over. You would also want extra for the future, color matching may be tough getting the stuff online like this.

I redid my seats in vinyl, and went through probably 1-3 yards of material (3 yards of 36x108 - 27sf). Cut the costs as Zois has said and either re-use the existing seat back material or use new vinyl back there.

The backpad would take close to a side I'd wager, door panels would probably take 1/2 a side (for the pair). I would guess at least 3 sides, depending on the shape of the side you get - from the pics it looks like about 3-4 tall by 8 or so feet long.

I striped the stitching on the seats and laid them out on the vinyl before cutting to get the most of the material that I could without much waste. CSOBC way would be to cut apart what you have, lay it out on paper, add it up then buy it.
DougC
good idea, thanks for the tips.

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.