Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
Looking for info on power window kits. I thought I had seen a kit to convert your 914 crank window to power windows several years back (70s or 80s), I was thinking AA or maybe Automotion back in the Sunnyvale days not sure though. I cant seem to find any one kit just for a 914. Could be they never worked well, any one have any experience with such a kit.
McMark
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=48405

Check this out.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 20 2014, 03:49 PM) *

Looking for info on power window kits. I thought I had seen a kit to convert your 914 crank window to power windows several years back (70s or 80s), I was thinking AA or maybe Automotion back in the Sunnyvale days not sure though. I cant seem to find any one kit just for a 914. Could be they never worked well, any one have any experience with such a kit.

There was a 914 specific kit; had one. The problem was the adapters that go on the crank had to be present....

I subsequently bought the universal kit by Autoloc. Summit or Jegs sells them. Autoloc has a web site too.

Read over the Dr Evil on the subject. I posted pics of my install as well
wes
Thanks Mark just ran through the thread great help!
PS my cars paint is looking great he is in the final stage of rubbing it out,, I so glad,, Im so glad, Im glad Im glad Im glad!
wes
Thanks Jim I just went through the whole thread and your photo. Every part of your car looks just perfect,, you should just sell it to me and save me all this, but then what would I do right!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 20 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Thanks Jim I just went through the whole thread and your photo. Every part of your car looks just perfect,, you should just sell it to me and save me all this, but then what would I do right!

Thanks Wes. I really like the power windows; I used to reach across the passenger seat to crack the window open. Now the power window switch is right behind the shifter and all I have to do is reach down and hit the switch. For me, it was a safety upgrade.

One thing I added to the system was the use of relays so the switches wouldn't arc-out. Because of the windows up/down movement a reversible relay is needed at each window. At the time, I made up each reversing relays from a pair of individual relays wired together; I think they sell them as individual units nowadays.

I am going to sell the copper car shortly
Chris H.
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 20 2014, 09:25 PM) *

I am going to sell the copper car shortly

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????? You sure you want to do that Jim?
wes
Jim, well Im lost for words I was just kidding, are you sure you're not going to cry at night as you dream of your beloved copper piece, on the other hand copper has gone sky high.
If I buy her can I use the $$ I spent happy11.gif for your top as the down payment?
wes
Jim just looked up the Autolock systems and see one which uses the window crank and the other, almost a $100 more, though it has its owen lift.
RJMII
I have the pieces parts for electric conversion. I believe I got them from Mr Hoyland...

If you can find someone with a 3d printer to make a small piece, it could be done easily.
wes
Jim thanks I think Im going with the Autolock system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.