Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting 914 book on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Looks to be an interesting book on ebay. Maybe others have seen this before, but I haven't. I would bid but the price is to high for me and I don't know german. Maybe this would be a book for Andy IPB Image

Anyway looks to have some neat pictures and such.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6942733710&rd=1
GaroldShaffer
wasn't this picture taken at an auto show with other 914s painted with different countries flags colors?
GaroldShaffer
factory 914-8 headlights
GaroldShaffer
Laslty, WTF is this???? IPB Image
GaroldShaffer
ok one more. The true third seat???
Gustl
Garold, that's the famous "Das Grosse VW-Porsche-Buch"
Many posts here refere to it every now and than. It's one of the best known 914 books, especially in german language.
Due to the fact that it's sold out for more than 10 years it's really hard to find and prices raising up.
But this one is much too expensive IMHO.
At least, here should be the info if it's the first edition from 1989, or the second one from 1991.

Gustl
SirAndy
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 9 2005, 08:14 PM)
Maybe this would be a book for Andy  :)

already got that one! it's a great ressource with lots of pics and really good history writeups and interviews and such ...

IPB Image Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 9 2005, 08:21 PM)
Laslty, WTF is this???? IPB Image

private prototype (not from the P-factory) that never made it into production.
i believe he used Opel Parts ...

IPB Image Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 9 2005, 08:23 PM)
ok one more. The true third seat???

no. custom car, the true 3rd seat looked much different.
it went with the normal 914 interior design ...
IPB Image Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 9 2005, 08:21 PM)
factory 914-8 headlights

no.
the dual headlights were a early prototype. they were supposed to be used *on all* 914s but later scraped due to cost reductions.
there were at least 4 chassis build with those headlights that we know of, but only one (#914111), the red 914-8 has survived as far as we know ...

IPB Image Andy
DJsRepS
Nice Book does it come with a translator or does one just have to read the pic's!
ruddyboys
Isn't this Porsches updated Schwimmerwagen? IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Jan 10 2005, 11:58 AM)
Nice Book does it come with a translator or does one just have to read the pic's!

for this starting bid the seller should bring it to you and translate it - everytime you'd like to IPB Image

Gustl
davep
There are a few people trying to work on a translation. I could use a few more volunteers for the effort however. Anyone wishing to assist, please contact me.
GaroldShaffer
Dave wish I could help you. Whenever I'm on German ebay I use http://www.freetranslation.com/ to translate to english. IPB Image

Maybe I will take some german classes this summer IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.