Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Radio Repair referral
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I want to pass along this because of the excellent service that the RadioDoc, aka Bill Henn, provided me. My Saphire radio tuning knob gear had broken and I couldn't use the tuning know. Upon opening the radio I saw the plastic turner gear shattered; replacement parts are nearly impossible to find. Bill used his engineering skills to fashion a repair that surprised me. In addition he replaced the lamp, aligned tuner circuits for sensitivity, cleaned and lubed, and refreshed the dial pointer. Service was timely and shipping well done.

I highly recommend RadioDoc, you can contact him at radiodoc@bellsouth.net

JH
02loftsmoor
How much did he charge you?
Harpo
Yes,Bill is a good guy. He refurbished my Motorola Safire.
JmuRiz
Very good info, I plan on refurb'ing a Becker Europa II stereo for my car, maybe I'll contact him for his thoughts.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Mar 21 2014, 07:32 AM) *

How much did he charge you?

It was a fair and reasonable amount. Contact him directly and he'll give pricing.

Lastly, before contacting RadioDoc, I had conversations with 3 other repair shops. Their explanation and tone made me very uncomfortable- glad I came across the RadioDoc.
timothy_nd28
Not to hijack this thread, but I just became a dealer for Aurora Design.
http://www.tech-retro.com/Aurora_Design/Automotive_Home.html

I'm all about keeping the original look of the stock radio, but modernizing the internal guts. This module sits inside the radio chassis and essentially replaces everything inside. It still uses the stock tuning dials, which is very nice. I purchased 5 kits to retro fit some C2 corvette radios and a 64 Lincoln Continental. This kit includes the new tuner with embedded amplifier. I also received kits for bluetooth and USB support. Again, all these modules are secretly tucked away inside the radio chassis and all dials and buttons work just like the stock radio.

Is there any interest for installing this on our factory radios?
914werke
Yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.