Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAR Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74914LE
I am working on reconditioning an AAR for DJet, and would like to see if anyone can clarify, when the unit is in the fully warmed condition and closed, how much vacuum should be getting past? In other words, how do I know if the reconditioning effort worked? Should one side hold a vacuum?
Johny Blackstain
When you pull the hose from the air filter to the AAR & cover it w/ your thumb, the idle should drop to normal. The AAR is supposed to work exactly the same way, so I guess the answer to your question is none (if the engine is already warm), like your thumb when it covers the hose.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(74914LE @ Mar 21 2014, 11:14 AM) *

I am working on reconditioning an AAR for DJet, and would like to see if anyone can clarify, when the unit is in the fully warmed condition and closed, how much vacuum should be getting past? In other words, how do I know if the reconditioning effort worked? Should one side hold a vacuum?

I don't own any vacuum tools, but with the AAR hooked up in the car and after warm-up, you should pull the hose on the side/port going to the air intake and see if it is sucking air in or not. Of course, it should not.

Another more rudimentary test prior to install is to ground it, hook up 12 volts and wait a few minutes. The base of the pot should warm up and should not be able to suck air through the unit (this time trying to pull air from the other side/port).

74914LE
Got it! Thanks for the quick reply!
TheCabinetmaker
Just look thru the top hose port. If you can see the horizontal slot it's open. If you can't see it, it's closed.
Mblizzard
I not sure it is none. Maybe I always had bad ones but all of mine had some air flow even when warm and closed. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.