Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 fuel pump configuration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Can someone dig up some pics of where the stock 1975 fuel pump sat. I know it was in the front behind the little black metal door in the front trunk and underneath the tank.

What fuel pump part number was used for these?

Does anyone have pics of how/where the pump was mounted?

Where the fuel lines ran to and from the tank and to the fuel lines through the bulk head.

How it looked from the little access door in the the front trunk, etc.

Thanks,

Karl
Eric_Shea
Here's an image of a hack job (Noooo... you say, not in a 914! ohmy.gif )

it does give you an idea of the location and the line routing. You can also the tabs for the factory fuel filter etc.

It's nice if you ever want to change out the pump. A few screws and it comes out with the door.

Click to view attachment

You'd have to a get a pump that would be spec'd for the motor you're installing.
Qarl
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 22 2014, 11:42 AM) *

Here's an image of a hack job (Noooo... you say, not in a 914! ohmy.gif )

it does give you an idea of the location and the line routing. You can also the tabs for the factory fuel filter etc.

It's nice if you ever want to change out the pump. A few screws and it comes out with the door.

Click to view attachment

You'd have to a get a pump that would be spec'd for the motor you're installing.

I realize that. Just trying to figure out if I'll use that location for a more powerful pump or stick it in the front trunk. I also have a large fuel filter (canister style) to install.

I may stick a larger pump in the original location and then place just the fuel filter up front... haven't decided yet.

I also have a swaybar going through there and the oil lines routed in that general area, so it's getting a bit crowded.

I can't use the Bosch 009 fuel pump. It's on the edge of fuel flow requirements for my 3.2L with 46IDA carbs.

I could possibly use the Bosch MFI pump and regulate it down... but they are borderline unobtanium. The new ones Porsche re-released a few years back are Chinese-made.

Fuelpumpking has the MFI pumps, but the reviews have been mixed with a lot of leaking or seizing pumps.

So I may just go with a regular Bosch rotary in the stock '75 location, and then place the fuel filter console in the front trunk.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Qarl @ Mar 22 2014, 10:30 AM) *

How it looked from the little access door in the the front trunk, etc.

Thanks,

Karl

I thought I had a shot before I put the tank in, but I can't find it. If I run across it, I'll add it later.
Click to view attachment

But here is a shot of the door. Anyone recognize the big SCAR? Pretty obvious that the right front was hit, decent repair job IMHO.

Clark

rhodyguy
pump #s 0580463010 or 043906091. what you can't see well are the 2 rubber isolators/mounts under the clamping bracket.
malcolm2
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 24 2014, 10:19 AM) *

pump #s 0580463010 or 043906091. what you can't see well are the 2 rubber isolators/mounts under the clamping bracket.

Curious about the part #s. They look the same, what is the difference? the 043... unit is about $113 on amazon, but Amazon says the FIT is wrong and it won't FIT on the 75 914. Not that I believe Amazon, but do you know the diff, cause at $113 I will buy it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.