Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
im in the buying stage...and so far, autos international is on the top of my list...they already sent me samples and exchanged emails
seanery
Autos International has an outstanding reputation in the 356 world.
I've seen some of their interiors and they are marvelous.

They are high on my list for any interior job that needs to be done on a P car.
Gint
Looking forward to seeing the responses to this thread. The "rusto" will need new carpet also.
Aaron Cox
If you posted "OTHER", please list below smile.gif
Mockmaw
Did mine myself! (I'm on a budget though...)
Joe Bob
My CW 914/6 got a World Upholstery kit....
Rich Bontempi
I've been selling the Autos International kits for many years, They have different qualities depending on your budget!
campbellcj
I put Autos Intl carpet in my former ravenna 914. It was reasonably priced and looked fabulous. I also used them for a $$ resto on my former blue 911's interior; they redid my black leather sport seats as well as various other interior panels. Top notch work.

They do J*r*y S**nf**ds interior work...
EdwardBlume
I went to the local carpet store and picked out a nice graphite grey carpet to match the exterior. I used the stock carpet kit I pulled out as a template. It cost me just over $100.
GWN7
As I have 3 cars to carpet, I'm going to do it myself. I also have some experence in instaling carpet, my dad feed our family by putting it in other peoples houses for over 40 years.

I just need to find something I like. I wonder how the orange shag I have rolled up in my garage would look? biggrin.gif
philinjax
Check out Autostyles carpets. I haven't bought from them yet but, pre-formed, molded carpet for a 914?

http://www.autostyles.com/porschecarpet.htm

Phil sad.gif
Lawrence
My set came from Perry Keihl, and was exactly the color that I wanted. The price was very budget friendly, too.

Would I buy again? Yes, if I was on a budget. Not everything fit perfectly, and installation required some trimming, etc. Also, the holes for the shift rod and red heater lever weren't pre-cut. With some effort, it came out nicely.

It was more work than I was planning on, but back then I had more time than money.

-Rusty
seanery
I found a pic of some Autos International carpet on a link posted on another thread:
Brad Anders' car

Carpet pic is near the bottom.
PatW
Talked with Kathy at Autos Intl yesterday. They are going to send me some samples for me to decide on. Pleasant experience on the phone. Seem to me like knowledgeable folks.

Pat
Aaron Cox
i was strictly email w/ autos international....so far, i think they are getting my business (2 thumbs up!) i saw a kit go on ebay today...185 bucks....a little under reatial for a noname brand
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.