Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Single turn signal indicator to dual
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Just doing some pre-planning here.

My '75 had the single turn signal indicator. The -6 Tach I had converted has the left and right turn signal indicators.

Any suggestions on where to tap into near the fuse panel to get a true left and right turn signal indicator.

IPB Image

IPB Image
timothy_nd28
The hazard switch has all the good stuff to tie into. I found this thread very helpful
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=turn+signal
Bartlett 914
I did mine years ago. Car is now cut up and gone. IIRC, there was an additional connection at the turn signal relay. I ran the wire (s) from there
Spoke
I went the simple way:

Ground one wire from each indicator.

Tap L and R front turnsignal wires from the hazard switch for each indicator.
Qarl
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 23 2014, 12:54 PM) *

I went the simple way:

Ground one wire from each indicator.

Tap L and R front turnsignal wires from the hazard switch for each indicator.

Thanks.

It's interesting that the signal (voltage) would go all the way back to the switch (versus the relay), when the turn signals are activated from the turn signal stalk.

I appreciate the info.
larryM

horrors - you might lose originality points if you do this

- so who cares?
Qarl
QUOTE(larryM @ Mar 23 2014, 02:16 PM) *

horrors - you might lose originality points if you do this

- so who cares?

Got it worked out. Found the old threads! Thanks!

Q
Spoke
Here's a schematic view of the turnsignal wiring. If you follow the top connection of each indicator lamp you will see it leads to the hazard switch and the turnsignal stalk.

Thus when retrofitting a 74+ with dual indicators one only needs to find the wires on either item. It is much easier to find the wire on the hazard switch than the turnsignal stalk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.