914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KENNY
Have you seen this. This is so cool to protect from fire .is call blazecut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kswau1mGBE8

(Admin. Edit: Embedded Video)
aircooledtechguy
Very cool! Thanks for the link.
Bartlett 914
That does look good! Looks like the hose doubles as the tank for the gas. I wonder if this is rechargeable or a one use system. Probably single use. 150.00 isn't much more than a fire extinguisher. Not going to help in an under the dash fire unless you get 2 of them. I also wonder about the life expectancy.
ConeDodger
It would have to be placed where the fire either burns through (melts) the hose or considerable damage could be done before it goes off... sad.gif
KENNY
Go to www. blazecut.com to see application can be use in any cars, motorcycle, motor homes and more .
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 23 2014, 12:34 PM) *

It would have to be placed where the fire either burns through (melts) the hose or considerable damage could be done before it goes off... sad.gif

agree.gif

Might be a good supplemental extinguisher...

I will stick to my AFFF system and regular fire extinguishers... smile.gif
Dr Evil
Just dont use the PKP, that stuff is corrosive as hell to anything not fire destroyed. wink.gif

Interesting concept.
scotty b
cold engine, limited amount of combustible, works great.

Show me how that one shot works on a hot engine with a fuel line constantly spewing and leaking. confused24.gif
KENNY
The FE-36 clean extinguishing agent does not leave a residue, conduct electricity, corrode or cause shock damage. This makes the clean agent solution the right choice for sensitive devices.
VaccaRabite
KENNY,
Do you work for Blazecut?

If so, please ID yourself. We have no issues with folks promoting their ideas SO LONG as they self identify.

Zach
KENNY
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 23 2014, 03:41 PM) *

KENNY,
Do you work for Blazecut?

If so, please ID yourself. We have no issues with folks promoting their ideas SO LONG as they self identify.

Zach

I don't but I believe is a great product for our cars.
johannes
Sorry for bringing this post up but I just saw the video on youtube.
That looks a pretty good solution to prevent fire. Of course a second fire extinguisher in the cabin won't hurt, and this system might help a lot giving you more time to stop the car in a safe place, grab the fire extinguisher and open the engine lid. When you see the smoke and the flames in the mirror it's often too late ...

More videos

http://vimeo.com/62864281

http://vimeo.com/62864282
GeorgeRud
I think that every little bit would help, and this certainly is a simple, relatively inexpensive system.

In the long run, I think the foam based systems probably would work best in putting and keeping a fire out, but this certainly would be a ice alternative to Halon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.