Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugattis at the Mullin Museum!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
OK, listen up! I'm in the planning stages of a trip to the Mullin Museum in Oxnard to see the huge Bugatti exhibit. See their website for more information (http://www.mullinautomotivemuseum.com/). They're not open all that often, so our opportunities are few, mostly on Saturdays. I'm thinking maybe June 14th, or July 12th (the weekend of Bastille Day, might be a great choice!). Other dates might be OK, too. Let's see an online show of hands! A nice day at the museum, maybe a lunch or dinner with fellow car crazies, could be a lot of fun.

The Cap'n
914_teener
Sounds like fun...I.m in....grandbaby due in June so ..

.if that happens we will be on AZ.
2mAn
July 12th is my birthday!... but I might be in Vegas for a friends bachelor party. Im open to either day, Id love to see the exhibit
7TPorsh
+1...hopefully
AE354803
+1 hopeful, would prefer June 14th due to no AC in the car. June gloom!
monkeyboy
I am in!
Elliot Cannon
I checked with my planning coordinator, my manager and agent and it looks like July is open for me. So, put me down as an attendee. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I was planning a toad trip at that time. beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 24 2014, 07:27 PM) *

I checked with my planning coordinator, my manager and agent and it looks like July is open for me. So, put me down as an attendee. biggrin.gif

What about your parole officer? Just gonna cut that monitor and slip out of town?

The Cap'n
Mike Bellis
It's a cool collection. Including the Bugatti of the lake... Tossed into the lake to avoid an import tax. blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike D.
I'd be interested in that...
oldschool
...Me 3
7TPorsh
I bet there's guys here that think they can fix that...
SoCal Driver
long time lurker, but I've been there before and it's amazing!
jim_hoyland
I'm in. smile.gif A nice drive from Huntington Beach through Malibu and into Oxnard
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 25 2014, 08:15 PM) *

I'm in. smile.gif A nice drive from Huntington Beach through Malibu and into Oxnard

You won't actually have to drive "into Oxnard". The museum is south of town. Lunch, or dinner, will probably require entering the town itself. Had your shots? Gotta bulletproof vest?

The Cap'n
balljoint
Click to view attachment wub.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 24 2014, 06:53 PM) *

I was planning a toad trip at that time. beer.gif

dry.gif friggin hippies dry.gif
cpavlenko
Here's some pictures I took back in the early 80's. Briggs Cunningham automotive museum. New the coordinator off this great collection of cars at New Port Beach. I was very said to see the collection sold off. this is 1 of 6 royals left in the world. Me and my buddies were hanging out at Century 1 imports at Buena Park, California one day and got a call from John Burges to come down, three car magazine personal are coming down to do a write up and take pictures of the Monster car. Even got a ride in it, which is something I'll cherish all my life. The car was only insured in the museum, the back parking lot and on the back of a truck for transportation to shows. I'm truly a Bugatti car lover. Rode in Jays alantic type 57 sc when he would come to the english car show at Woodley park, by Sepulveda basin. his garage was down the sreet, so he would come down with a car, hang out an hour, take off, and come back with a different car all day..
cpavlenko
If I'm sure this car had 36" wheels, and a 177" wheel base. sorry I couldn't make pictures better. All the handles, and window cranks are Ivory. I think this was the nicest bodied royal. the engine was a straight 8 12.7 liter engine turned aluminum block and head, off course twin cam. They originally planned for a 14.7 liter motor. Two plugs per cylinder, and the oil pan looked like it was 5 ft long.
old dog
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 24 2014, 10:08 AM) *

OK, listen up! I'm in the planning stages of a trip to the Mullin Museum in Oxnard to see the huge Bugatti exhibit. See their website for more information (http://www.mullinautomotivemuseum.com/). They're not open all that often, so our opportunities are few, mostly on Saturdays. I'm thinking maybe June 14th, or July 12th (the weekend of Bastille Day, might be a great choice!). Other dates might be OK, too. Let's see an online show of hands! A nice day at the museum, maybe a lunch or dinner with fellow car crazies, could be a lot of fun.

The Cap'n

Sounds like fun ! Count me in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.