Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NO Windshields required?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Since Frankenstealth....my 2.2/6 powered 356 and a buddy's 914 are windshield "challenged"....I did a little research

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26700.htm

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5004.htm

BOTH of us have Historical Plates....think it's a good arguement for not having to run a windshield on public streets?

I mean...no helmet needed, we gotta roll cage in each one....aviator goggles, leather helmet, silk scarf, faggy fingertippless gloves, ....I draw the line at ballet pumps.......whattya think?
skline
I think you should run the pumps too. I mean, it is in your nature to be different.
bondo
I can't find it in the code, but I specifically remember reading that if you don't have a windshiled you must wear pink bunny ears. It's probably best to keep a set in the car so you alyays have them handy. IPB Image
nebreitling
i think you've got an okay argument. technically, however, given that your car was not originally manufactured without a windshield, i think you may have difficulty arguing in court (for lack of precedence). that specific feature is not of "historic interest". clearly, you're arguing around the law.

so Go for it!

(i've always wanted to have a windshield-less 914 street car)
boxstr
I did not read any "size" specs so you run a small plexiglass snap on winscreen that just moves air from your face. I remember one on a Lotus 7 I owned briefly. Worked great, the passenger had to cover there mouth to be able to breath.
CCLINCOLINCHAPMAN
michel richard
The exception is related to vehicles that were not "required" to have a windshield at the time it was first registered; whether it had one or not. So the question becomes: if your car was first registered in California way back when, what were the rules way back when. In other words, you would need to go dig up the code as it was way back when.

Michel Richard
914 2.2 E MFI
markb
Well, if not the pumps, then I think it should be flip-flops. IPB Image
GWN7
QUOTE (bondo @ Jan 10 2005, 10:02 AM)
I can't find it in the code, but I specifically remember reading that if you don't have a windshiled you must wear pink bunny ears. It's probably best to keep a set in the car so you alyays have them handy. IPB Image

IPB Image

Keep the ears in the car, when/if you get pulled over, put them on. That way you can drive away while the officer is rolling on the ground laughing. IPB Image
mightyohm
Windshields are cool. They keep out the, umm... wind. Why the heck would you want to drive without one??? Not enough bugs in your diet?
Red-Beard
Wouldn't wooden clogs make more sense? IPB Image
markb
Ever hit a bumblebee at 60+? My sister has a nice scar from riding her m/c without a face shield. IPB Image
Allan
QUOTE (markb @ Jan 10 2005, 06:08 PM)
Ever hit a bumblebee at 60+? My sister has a nice scar from riding her m/c without a face shield. IPB Image

IPB Image Got hit in the throat once on a motocycle by a wasp doing about 75. Unfortunately the wasp didn't die right away. IPB Image
Joe Bob
On a long trip....a windscreen could be put on....I just wanna do it without getting busted by the cops....ya know...wind in the face, no helmet....kinda like ya used to be able to do a motrcycle before the assholes in Sacramento told us you couldn't..... IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.