Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW CA law....bet it's an anti Ricer one...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Speed Violations. (AB 2237, Parra). This new law provides for a fine of up to $750 for

a second conviction within three years for driving in excess of 100 mph. The fine increases up to

$1,000 per conviction for subsequent offenses committed within five years of the first two.
Joe Bob
One more....

Speed Contests. (SB 1541, Margett). Punishment for those who engage in illegal speed

contests such as street racing increases to now include mandatory performance of 40 hours of

community service. Preexisting penalties include 24-hours minimum jail time and suspension of

driver’s license for from 90 days to six months.
Joe Ricard
Hmm guess I won't brag about how fast I drove anymore.

Rather just the stats of my "road test" 4400 RPM in 5th gear. 195/60-15 rear tires
URY914
Can they pass one about bad body kits?
nebreitling
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 10 2005, 10:23 AM)
Can they pass one about bad body kits?

LMFAO!!!! IPB Image
MattR
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 10 2005, 10:00 AM)
driving in excess of 100 mph

I dodged one there... I took my 912 up to 85... once. IPB Image
quick six
I guess I will have to start ignoring that other old grey fart with the hotrod bug that allways thinks(hopes) it is faster than my 62B. It hasn't been yet. IPB Image
curtis
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 10 2005, 10:02 AM)
One more....

Speed Contests. (SB 1541, Margett). Punishment for those who engage in illegal speed

contests such as street racing increases to now include mandatory performance of 40 hours of

community service. Preexisting penalties include 24-hours minimum jail time and suspension of

driver’s license for from 90 days to six months.

In some counties the penalty also includes automatic confiscation of the autos involved. My father is a retired L.T. for Fontana P.D. and its pretty interesting to see the inpound lot and the lack of diversity with the cars that are in there....mostly ricer cars and ....more ricer cars. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.