Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little help to pull motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
Hey guys,
I am starting my restoration next month and have not pulled the motor on a 914 before. Is there anyone in the inland empire area that would be willing to help? I know there are write ups about this but sometimes there's no substitute for hands on help.

My beer fridge is definitely open to anyone who would be able to help out. I was thinking of doing it April 6 and I'm in Upland, FYI
Thanks in advance
SLITS
Be glad to help, but April 6th is the last day of the California Festival of Speed at Fontana, CA and I believe we are doing the swap meet.
lsintampa
If you are experienced in doing any sort of rebuilds, dropping the motor out of the 914 isn't all that hard to do as a one man job.

Not suggesting you do it by yourself, but there are a lot of threads on how to do it on this site / even YouTube that you may find helpful.

Regardless, just remember safety first.

I'd be glad to help, but I'm way down in Florida.

Good luck!

Post some photos of your project.

ehokana
Thanks guys. If nothing else, my friend and I can manage. I figure if I can pull the motor from a 951, I can do this
colingreene
ill help, you have my number. text me.
r3dplanet
I'll be right there on Monday the sixth. I can certainly lend a hand.

-marcus
1TRICK6
Follow the below post for one-person engine drop.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...engine_drop.htm
ehokana
Colin- I'll give you a shout later today

Marcus- when are you available? I'm hoping to have it done during the weekend, but if there's any issues, I may need some expertise
r3dplanet
Hey, I've revised my plans so I'll be in town over the weekend. I need to leave Sunday in order to make back here by Tuesday morning.

I'll PM some details.

-marcus

QUOTE(ehokana @ Mar 31 2014, 02:20 PM) *

Colin- I'll give you a shout later today

Marcus- when are you available? I'm hoping to have it done during the weekend, but if there's any issues, I may need some expertise

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.