Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back Pad Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I want to take off my backpad to put on some sound deadner but i can't remember how I took it off the last time.

I can't seem to get the engine lid release off. Do I loosen the cable on the engine side?

It's not unscrewing, the whole thing turns then snaps back...
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Mar 26 2014, 04:54 PM) *

I want to take off my backpad to put on some sound deadner but i can't remember how I took it off the last time.

I can't seem to get the engine lid release off. Do I loosen the cable on the engine side?

It's not unscrewing, the whole thing turns then snaps back...

Put pliers on shaft to hold it, then twist cap off.

Take seats out.

Remove screws from cover.

Pad is removed by pushing down.
7TPorsh
'Put pliers on shaft to hold it, then twist cap off."

On the engine side? or pull on the handle from the inside? does the handle unscrew and the cable comes out the back side?'P
vw505
From the inside
TheCabinetmaker
Pull the handle and release the lid. Then grab the cable behind the knob with needle nose and unscrew the knob. Then use the needle nose to remove the escution.
orthobiz
I'm so glad you asked this. Saved me from making another "how do I..." thread!

Paul
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 26 2014, 05:30 PM) *

Pull the handle and release the lid. Then grab the cable behind the knob with needle nose and unscrew the knob. Then use the needle nose to remove the escution.

-- then remember when you pull the back pad out that you pull the bottom out away then pull it down and the clips at the top should just slide out. i didnt remove my seats, but had them as far forward as they go, but withstock seats it is much easier to justpull them out for sure.

orthobiz
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 26 2014, 05:30 PM) *

The escutcheon pulls out or screws out?

Paul
luskesq
It sunscrews

Keith
Dave_Darling
The escutcheon unscrews. So do the four screws through the back pad into the firewall.

Pull the bottom of the pad forward, and slide the top of the pad down.

Don't forget to unhook the interior light. The power wire is always hot, so tape it up so it can't short to anything. Or just disconnect the battery ground before you start.

--DD
7TPorsh
go it, thanks.

I didn't realize there is a insulation pad under there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.