Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my 73 almost ready for paint at altissimo--with roll bar mod!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
adiokyro
i posted a year ago about a rusty 914 i got off ebay and posted some pics. since then mcmark has stripped the car, fixed any and all rust by replacing panels, i bought conedodgers 2.5 raby motor and trick tranny, and brandon over at altissimo has been doing the body work.
my theme is 'resto-mod'. i want it to look tasteful, not really modernized per-say, factory-ish, but much higher performance.
i wanted to mod the trailing edges of the roll bar, we extended the top edge all the way back to the edge of the top, then metal worked the trailing side edges to be the same shape as the trim, except extended a bit. i wanted it to look like it could be factory but really smooth edges, check it out:
boxsterfan
Sweet! popcorn[1].gif
ThePaintedMan
Let us know when it's painted how the paint holds up with the targa top on. I filled in the spaces where the chrome is on top only to have the top scratch and gouge those areas sad.gif And I'm really careful when I take the top on and off.

2mAn
that looks awesome! what color are you painting it?
biosurfer1
I see Altissimo and McMark and know you're in good hands. Should be a bada$$ machine once you are done.
rick 918-S
Nice! popcorn[1].gif
Trekkor
Brandon painted my car a few years ago.

I'm very pleased.
madmax914
Very nice, took all the shiny stuff off the sails. I like that!
green914
agree.gif it's looking good.
What color?
adiokyro
thanks!! yes great idea ill have to think of some soft pads to mount to the top so as to not scratch the paint. i hope i wont get flogged for this, but im really in love with this color and that is what im painting it:
https://www.google.com/search?q=lime+green+...911%3B800%3B533

IPB Image
Larmo63
Can't wait to see it!!!!!! I like the mods, with real paint they will show up even more.....
Harpo
I like that look, it looks very clean w/o all the trim

David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.