Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apparent Bumblebee on Samba
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sfrenck
Wow - good price, VIN number in correct range, chassis number in correct range, correct color code.

Samba Bumblebee
KELTY360
I don't know, that shiny sail trim is very suspicious for an LE. The rear bumper is likely just a replacement, but nobody replaces the sail trim unless they're doing a restoration.
Johny Blackstain
Karmann badge says it was built on Tuesday the 26th of Feb., 1974 so that fits. Hard to tell from the limited photos.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 26 2014, 08:26 PM) *

I don't know, that shiny sail trim is very suspicious for an LE. The rear bumper is likely just a replacement, but nobody replaces the sail trim unless they're doing a restoration.

So is the front lower valence, as well as the back bumper. Where is the front sway bar? It has been messed with no doubt.
Larmo63
I could go look at it tomorrow, I'll call the guy and see what is up. I'm no expert but I'll try. I have the dough to buy it too. Gawd, I'm hooked.
914Sixer
On LE site there are documented LE's with chrome sail trim.
carr914
I would always say Buyer Beware, but something seems odd to me about the Ad. Member since Yesterday, Seems to know a lot, Magazine Pictures, etc.

Just Sayin, Buyer Beware
r_towle
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 26 2014, 08:53 PM) *

I would always say Buyer Beware, but something seems odd to me about the Ad. Member since Yesterday, Seems to know a lot, Magazine Pictures, etc.

Just Sayin, Buyer Beware

TC, reading the samba classified is STILL reading classifieds......
mepstein
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Mar 26 2014, 08:17 PM) *

Wow - good price, VIN number in correct range, chassis number in correct range, correct color code.

Samba Bumblebee

Need another one Scott?
poorsche914
Wrong valence on the front.
No air dam tabs coming off the torsion bar protectors.
Wrong bumber (sic) on rear. Any yellow under the black on the front bumper?
Chrome targa trim instead of black.
In the VIN range but not all 914s in that range were LE cars.

Don't buy it just because you think it is an LE. Need the COA to be sure. Or perhaps the window sticker confused24.gif

Class dismissed dry.gif

driving.gif
bdstone914
Ad is already deleted.
Larmo63
Guy texted me back, car is sold, he claimed it was an LE. It will pop up here soon......most likely.
mepstein
LE fever
bdstone914
A local friend of mine bought it. He is getting COA. Said it is very rusty and not sure what he is going to do with it. Depends on how bad the rust is under the rockers.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 27 2014, 08:06 PM) *

A local friend of mine bought it. He is getting COA. Said it is very rusty and not sure what he is going to do with it. Depends on how bad the rust is under the rockers.

I doubt it's a bumblebee, never the less I hope she can be saved.

The front underside photo nailed it for me- A arms didn't have the sway bar tabs welded on, there was no sway bar @ all & poorsche914 pointed out that the tabs were missing off the front of the A arms, that help support the lower spoiler.
JeffBowlsby
Front spoiler brackets are easily removed. Good catch on the A-arm sway bar tabs though. Anxious to find out about this car.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 27 2014, 09:09 PM) *

Front spoiler brackets are easily removed.

Did not know that Jeff, since I never bothered with mine. Knew about the A arm tabs because I sent my calipers to Eric biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.