Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Trailer Load of new 2014 or 5 Sports Cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
I was in Dearborn MI today and say this trailer load of new cars covered up??

What are they?? Looks like Corvette or Mustang's????

BTW: I was thinking about jumping in the truck & taking them down to Garold's Junk Yard!! happy11.gif

Tom
Ferg
New Corvette's
2mAn
look like Vettes to me. Can almost read it on the caliper too...
effutuo101
Stingray's?
X911IC
Yep, shape looks like corvettes, but the wheels on the upper cars have an Audi look to them just like my R8.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 27 2014, 04:30 PM) *

I was in Dearborn MI today and say this trailer load of new cars covered up??

What are they?? Looks like Corvette or Mustang's????

BTW: I was thinking about jumping in the truck & taking them down to Garold's Junk Yard!! happy11.gif

Tom

Have sawzall-smiley.gif will travel. biggrin.gif Look like Corvette's to me.
7TPorsh
yep Crapvettes
Ferg
In the upskirt shot, you can see the transverse leafspring...
rick 918-S
Used to be called plastic pigs but they have come a long way since then.
carr914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Mar 27 2014, 06:22 PM) *

yep Crapvettes

Bet you haven't driven one!

If it was a Stingray vs 911 or Boxster, it would be Stringray all day long. I would have to be able to pick the color.
1970 Neun vierzehn
I think GM/Chevrolet did a really nice job on the design & engineering of the new Corvette, except........the #*@$!% tail lights sad.gif WTF.gif were they thinking....make those lights look like the other Chevvies' tail lights? NOOOOOOO....they need to be friggin' ROUND.
r_towle
QUOTE(X911IC @ Mar 27 2014, 05:37 PM) *

Yep, shape looks like corvettes, but the wheels on the upper cars have an Audi look to them just like my R8.

Excuse me......
Post a pic of that please.
CptTripps
Easy...that's a whole truckload of the new Corvette. I saw one being unloaded last week, and it was wearing the same Tyvek outfit that those are.

The Audi Tyvek shipping suits have the Audi logo on the side.

Also....check out the rims in this pic...

r_towle
Those shipping covers always make me think that the car companies know something we don't know about acid rain and its effect on fresh paint.....

They leave them on in the yards for quite while also.

rich
championgt1
Click to view attachment

barf.gif
TJB/914
The (11) Corvette trailer was still parked in Dearborn MI early this A.M.
Lets see, approx. $70K each x 11-Vets == $3/4 Million Bucks beer.gif Good thing it was not parked in Detroit??? The wheels would be missing. lol-2.gif rolleyes.gif

I know you guys like looking, a few more money shots. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
Tom
Vettemeros!
r_towle
gotta love Detroit....bare steel plates on the bottom of the car to tie in the chassis....plates that need to be removed for and type of work, but that work wont be performed for 5-10 years....

So, all the classic Detroit steel plates are fused to the chassis at that point in time.

Might every consider galvanizing those plates....geez
rgalla9146
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 28 2014, 04:13 PM) *

gotta love Detroit....bare steel plates on the bottom of the car to tie in the chassis....plates that need to be removed for and type of work, but that work wont be performed for 5-10 years....

So, all the classic Detroit steel plates are fused to the chassis at that point in time.

Might every consider galvanizing those plates....geez

Don't be too quick to judge... I see an awful lot of alloy parts under there.
Carrera performance for half the price ? I'll take it
Rear transaxle car with hydraulic mounts front and rear on an isolated drive train ?
Well done.
Dry sump on some higher performance versions. Very nice.
The body style is way too busy for me but there is no way to argue with performance for the buck. Mucho HP with direct injection and good MPG
Way back when, Porsche had exclusive rights on rust out in no time.
911's, 914s' and 356s' are the poster children.
11 cars on one truck !
Ferg
Pretty certain those plates are AL
colingreene
the body is horrid the engineering is not.
sucks they made such a stinker of a car looks wise.
SKL1
At least they didn't fall in the sink hole!!

A hell of a car for the money. Agreed on the tail-lights! What were they thinking making it look like a Camaro? Not a big fan of the exhaust pipes either. Otherwise a pretty good car- just don't think I'd ever buy something from ex- Gov't Motors...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.