Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ISO vendor for hard to find OEM part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
Part #8 in the enclosed diagram. Yes I know we normally don't need this part and I'd rather not get into a long winded explanation for why I need it. It's NLA almost everywhere and instead of making the part I though I'd check to see if any of our friendly vendors might have some old stock laying around...
Click to view attachment
r_towle
Have you called the dealer?
HalfMoon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 27 2014, 09:47 PM) *

Have you called the dealer?

I hadn't. Hadn't even thought of it. I'm pretty rural. Our nearest dealer is over an hour away, but that's a thought. Mebbe they could ship it to me? Good suggestion :-)
bdstone914
Here is a source for a hardened 14 mm washer.
https://www.belmetric.com/wfhv14-hardened-f...tml?cPath=4_664

It does not give the thickness. If the washer is too thick it will not allow the nut to have full thread contact. That special nut for the pivot shaft must have full contact.
Not trying to argue the need but I have yet to find one a
Or a car. A washer will keep the nut from scratching the paint on the suspension ear.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 28 2014, 12:09 AM) *

Here is a source for a hardened 14 mm washer.
https://www.belmetric.com/wfhv14-hardened-f...tml?cPath=4_664

It does not give the thickness. If the washer is too thick it will not allow the nut to have full thread contact. That special nut for the pivot shaft must have full contact.
Not trying to argue the need but I have yet to find one a
Or a car. A washer will keep the nut from scratching the paint on the suspension ear.

Thanks for the link! That may work for what I have in mind.
HalfMoon
I checked with local dealers today with no luck, NLA all over the place.
Perhaps the link previously noted will yield what I need....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.