Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a Rotisserie for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Emmel
If anyone has or knows someone selling their rotisserie let me know . Thanks for your time
VaccaRabite
You can make one for WAY cheaper then you can buy one. And if you need a rotesserie, you either already have the skills to make one, or need to develope the skills needed to make one.

Zach
boxstr
Pm sent
Craig at CAMP
Emmel
Making one was my first choice but the time doing it is out of the question. So buying one is the only way around this.
914dave
DELETE
CptTripps
I was going to build one. Figured I'd need about $300-$300 in metal and parts.

Then I found one for sale 2h away from me for (I think) $550, so I bought it. I'll sell it to the next guy (I think Stephen has dibs) for what I paid for it...and he'll likely do the same for the next guy.

I'm not sure you ever actually OWN a rotisserie. You you just pay a deposit to the person that currently has it, and get your money back from the 'next guy' that wants it. biggrin.gif
budk
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Mar 28 2014, 09:02 AM) *

I was going to build one. Figured I'd need about $300-$300 in metal and parts.

Then I found one for sale 2h away from me for (I think) $550, so I bought it. I'll sell it to the next guy (I think Stephen has dibs) for what I paid for it...and he'll likely do the same for the next guy.

I'm not sure you ever actually OWN a rotisserie. You you just pay a deposit to the person that currently has it, and get your money back from the 'next guy' that wants it. biggrin.gif

I'm in the same situation, I can build one but if I can find one for the right price it makes sense to buy. I posted a WTB ad a couple of days ago but I put it in the classified section.... Never occurred to me to post it here

051103-stupid4.gif
Dr Evil
Lets build one, Bud smile.gif
injunmort
I built mine from plans I got on this site. went to local welding shop, gave him the supplies list, he cut everything to length. I took it home and welded it together in about a days time. total cost was $350.00 including the castors. cheaper and more cost efficient than ordering, paying for shipping and customizing 914 mounts.
bandjoey
2harbor freight motor stands some tubing and casters and you make your own. With the many pictures here it's easy to figure out what to do. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
CptTripps
My favorites so far are the ones that McMark has in his shop. Using old 914 rear trailing arms and hubs. The steering wheel was pretty cool too!
Emmel
If I do decide to build one it's going to be used for full time restorations, I have a 356 and a Datson that needs to be on a rotisserie too so I would like to have hydraulic pistons for easy use . So it would need to be very user friendly for all types of cars and trucks . I have a couple sets of plans but like I said building one is a time killer. Time is money and with multible projects I might be better off buying a new one unless I can find one used in the next week or so.
arkitect
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Mar 28 2014, 11:11 AM) *

My favorites so far are the ones that McMark has in his shop. Using old 914 rear trailing arms and hubs. The steering wheel was pretty cool too!

What was the thead showing it? Sounds pretty cool.

Dave
914forme
I have all the parts to build one, so Doug if you want to sell it to budk, and or Dr. Evil, Im okay with that.

I have the rear trailing arms all cut for it, and all the parts, its about $700. I have 8" locking casters both directional and brakes. Winches for height adjustments. roller bearings for smooth turning, and the list goes on and on. I really need to take a few days and build it.

It's patterned off McMarks. I loved the steering wheel also. Oh that gives me another idea.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.