Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy is my Hero!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay after seeing some idiot bitter over the sale of his car. Piss & moan about his add being moved. Plus blame Andy for it. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate Andy. Especially after seeing how some idiots really spoil things. We love this site & most the people chair.gif

So to Andy & our admins. You rock & thanks for putting up with us wub.gif . I salute you
NORD
agree.gif
shoguneagle
TOTAL, TOTAL, TOTAL AGREEMENT!!!!!

Without them, we would be out in the cold. It is still a great joy to come here and read what our members are doing, inquiring, and advising. Having been a member since Jan. 2003, I have seen many positive things about this board and its members, admin, etc. Very few problems that were not solved. Many situations and problems were solved and then there are a few.

Where else can you go to have a red, mohawk, European Kid located in Kalifornia running a quality board such as this. Ditto for the supporting Admin. Keep up the great work and I will still be coming here when I am 90.

Steve
JStroud
I'm sure most people have no idea how much work Andy puts in to maintaining and upgrading this website. By the way like the new message indicator.

My website is nothing compared to this and it's a pain, files that have to be changed when host change their format or operating systems, and they're not exactly free.
The software and hardware is constantly changing upgrading, and not always in the user friendly direction, but you must change and upgrade with it or be lost.

Sure Andy's a computer whiz type.gif but it still requires a lot of his time to keep this alive. And check other websites, this site is very easy to use, with directions for almost anything easy to find, what's so hard about reading.

Then he has to put up with crap from people who don't read.

Not sure how you do it Andy, but I'm glad you do.

Thanks
Jeff
SirAndy
QUOTE(JStroud @ Mar 28 2014, 07:06 AM) *

I'm good at ignoring people. biggrin.gif

Which reminds me, i need to update the homepage with the latest COTM, the month is almost over and it was supposed to be for March ...
slap.gif
McMark
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 28 2014, 09:56 AM) *

Didn't you PM me or something... drunk.gif drunk.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 28 2014, 09:57 AM) *

Didn't you PM me or something... drunk.gif drunk.gif

Sure did but apparently, i'm a good teacher of ignorification ...
beerchug.gif
2mAn

Which reminds me, i need to update the homepage with the latest COTM, the month is almost over and it was supposed to be for March ...
slap.gif

I was going to say something about that... poke.gif
76-914
Yeppers, a big thx to Andy for all he does in the name of 914's. I don't remember if Derek ever went off before and wondered if there are med's involved. He did mention he was just out of the hospital and out of work. 5 1/2 years ago they put me on Oxycontin (did I spell that correctly) for 6 months whilst I battled a painful infection (courtesy of the hospital). Afterwards I heard the stories re: my altered personality and none of it was nice. Or, as my wife so eloquently put it, "I was a fucking Bastard."
Dave_Darling
OK, Andy--a 30% raise for you from the 914 world! biggrin.gif

--DD
ConeDodger
I have met Derek, in fact, he did me a big favor. I'm sure his situation, whatever it is has him a little closer to the edge of anger. He never really knew where to post. I can attest to that. I think there were rock climbing pics in the garage IIRC...
rick 918-S
What did I miss? I can't see over the snow banks here...wacko.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 29 2014, 04:43 AM) *

What did I miss? I can't see over the snow banks here...wacko.gif

A short drama. The critics panned it and it closed the first night... evilgrin.gif
black73
Perhaps when a post is moved, a quick pm to the poster telling where it went, and why, could avoid future misunderstandings.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(black73 @ Mar 29 2014, 06:42 AM) *

Perhaps when a post is moved, a quick pm to the poster telling where it went, and why, could avoid future misunderstandings.

Doubles the admin work... sad.gif
Eric_Shea
Prolly best to read the very simple and concise rules.

If it is an eBay auction, put it in the eBay section. Also, perhaps raise the reserve to a minimum of what you'd like to see the car sell for.

If you want to advertise it here, do so. Explain that you'll end the eBay auction when you get a deposit etc.

Not sure how the sale price of a car can be considered an admins fault.

Also... Threads like "My cars selling really cheap on eBay" are not so thinly veiled "For Sale" threads in the garage. We're not that stupid. (Well I am but, the udder guys are real smart like). Just like all of the "What's my "x" worth?" and the "Should I keep it or sell it?" threads.

We try to operate on minimal rules and minimal interference. I've managed sites with millions of visits per month. This is by far the best site of its kind that I've "ever" experienced. HANDS DOWN.

Such as life; follow a few simple rules. Don't blame others for your mistakes and be kind to one another.
'73-914kid

slap.gif

I wouldn't mind that....haha poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.