Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5.3 rocker in LA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
are you guys ok?
Cap'n Krusty
The garbage truck outside makes more shakin' than a 5.3 ..........................

The Cap'n
Mike Bellis
5.3 is nothing... beer.gif
7TPorsh
that was my stomach growling
oldschool
My dog ran out the door... lol-2.gif
speed metal army
My 5.3 is without rockers at the present time... Far from LA..unsure.gif
Click to view attachment
confused24.gif Couldn't resist! biggrin.gif
wes
I think that was the new Corvettes starting up as they unloaded that car hauler on another thread!
bdstone914
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 28 2014, 09:43 PM) *

are you guys ok?

Only damage I heard of was a rock slide that closed a remote road in Carbon Canyon.

infraredcalvin
I didn't even feel it... Wife had to tell me about it while i wondered why everyone was freaked out at the mall.
Socalandy
downgraded to a 5.1

I'm 8 miles from the epicenter and got a good 40 seconds of strong shaking. dinning room light swinging and water sloshing out of our fountain in the yard. water main and gas line breaks in La habra, Brea and fullerton areas. The Rock slide in carbon canyon caused an overturn
Socalandy
popcorn[1].gif
r_towle
And we just have snow smile.gif ........still
Andyrew
Central California doesnt get shit... smile.gif
ruby914
I had just taken my first swig of a new bear. Thought, wow, that's some good stuff.

Here In Hawthorne it came on as a rocking from East to West.
We have had a lot of smaller ones, just below us in the past years. They feel like a truck hit the house, just a quick jolt.
The one just weeks ago, I had my hands on a mill table that felt like the table dropped 3/16".
I am getting pretty good at feeling where they were located. Long rolls and duration are far, size of wave and direction of the wave.
I felt this one was east of me. Nailed it. beerchug.gif
ripper911
One more reason to stay in the south.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.