914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Jetsetsurfshop
driving.gif
ablesnead
great photo...maybe next year
brant
Nice. How did everyone do?
tooms351
Nice shot Shane! I had a great time, especially that last session. I will let you know next time I run....prolly Chin though.
Seabird
At the end of the day while I was loading up the gear I looked over to turn 17, just over the barricade from where we had pitted, and there were the two other 914 blasting through as if in fighter formation. It was quite the sight, the setting sun causing a silhouette effect as they approached the apex. It was awesome!

I ran to the truck, grabbed my camera, and climbed up on the bed to photograph you all the next time through. By then the spacing had changed and the moment passed. But what a sight it was. Here some videos of you guys from earlier in the day and from that last session.

Enjoy!

914s at Sebring

tooms351
Great shots, thanks for the link. I am pretty sure I could hear my rear tire rub going around the turn in the first shot.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Seabird @ Mar 31 2014, 10:25 AM) *

At the end of the day while I was loading up the gear I looked over to turn 17, just over the barricade from where we had pitted, and there were the two other 914 blasting through as if in fighter formation. It was quite the sight, the setting sun causing a silhouette effect as they approached the apex. It was awesome!

I ran to the truck, grabbed my camera, and climbed up on the bed to photograph you all the next time through. By then the spacing had changed and the moment passed. But what a sight it was. Here some videos of you guys from earlier in the day and from that last session.

Enjoy!

914s at Sebring

Nice Miguel piratenanner.gif I has some video of you ill post up soon. I had two go pros going at once. Lots to look at.
Ill post up some of you and Joe soon.
driving.gif
Shane
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(tooms351 @ Mar 31 2014, 01:48 PM) *

Great shots, thanks for the link. I am pretty sure I could hear my rear tire rub going around the turn in the first shot.

Nah, its the battery bouncing around..
Jetsetsurfshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6qMDrlnQPg

Quick video

beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
aktion035.gif Sorry I couldn't make it fellas. Looks like a blast. Hoping to finally do a track day with Joe, meet Shane and Miguel at some point.

I was flagging the St. Pete Grand Prix, which is much cheaper than a track day... but nowhere near as much fun.

After we get the house this month I hope to finish the few things I need to do to the car and be out there with you guys.
tooms351
Nice video Shane, wish I could figure that out! That remindes me why I stay off the alligator teeth! My tires were a little too wide and were hitting the inside fender well depending on how hard I took a turn! Smelled like I had a toaster in the car! Hey George how was the race? I know the IRL guys are generous with food, beer and swag!
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 31 2014, 07:21 PM) *

aktion035.gif Sorry I couldn't make it fellas. Looks like a blast. Hoping to finally do a track day with Joe, meet Shane and Miguel at some point.

I was flagging the St. Pete Grand Prix, which is much cheaper than a track day... but nowhere near as much fun.

After we get the house this month I hope to finish the few things I need to do to the car and be out there with you guys.

Working a flag station sounds cool to me. Hope to see you out there next time. I was so cool to run with Miguel and Joe. We need another teener out there. biggrin.gif
ThePaintedMan
Yeah it was cool - my first Pro race flagging. I still have a lot to learn. Yes, did get some swag, but mostly a sunburn and a sore back.

I'd like to join you guys out there once I save up a little cash after the house closes. You need a blue car to go with the reds, white and orange.
tooms351
LOL George!! Flagging is great, but long, thakless hours, seat time is soooo much better!! See ya friday?
carr914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 1 2014, 10:34 PM) *

Yeah it was cool - my first Pro race flagging. I still have a lot to learn. Yes, did get some swag, but mostly a sunburn and a sore back.

I'd like to join you guys out there once I save up a little cash after the house closes. You need a blue car to go with the reds, white and orange.

I only Flagged at a Pro Race once - Miami GP. What a ClusterFuch! Treated like Shit, No Swag, Our Food was Cold, Long Hours. It was Cool to be inches away from 962s, Jaguars & Nissan GTPs though.

You guys need a Yellow Car to balance out the Red, White, Orange & Blue!

Click to view attachment
Seabird
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 2 2014, 04:10 AM) *

You guys need a Yellow Car to balance out the Red, White, Orange & Blue!

Click to view attachment

Man, if everyone shows up we could almost have a spec914 class!!
Jetsetsurfshop
Just got some pics from AWOL. Joe and I at Sebring.
driving.gif
tooms351
nice shot, thanks Shane. Is that the carousel? hope you hae a good time with Chin Ill need to pass
Jetsetsurfshop
Turn 16 got me on Saturday!
Jetsetsurfshop
lol-2.gif
I posted this from my phone. No idea why its upside down...
ThePaintedMan
blink.gif That sucks Shane! Let me guess - got on the throttle a little early in 16, and the car came back to the right and slid into the wall on the drivers side?

Sucks to see that, but if that's the case, you came away lucky. I've heard plenty of horror stories about 16, mostly when people over correct and the car noses in on the inside.
Seabird
Ouch sorry to see that.

Miguel
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 28 2014, 05:39 AM) *

blink.gif That sucks Shane! Let me guess - got on the throttle a little early in 16, and the car came back to the right and slid into the wall on the drivers side?

Sucks to see that, but if that's the case, you came away lucky. I've heard plenty of horror stories about 16, mostly when people over correct and the car noses in on the inside.

The debris flag was out on early laps. Between that and trying to get down to 2:45, well you know the rest (as you described).

Did luck out though. The car came to "rest" against the tire wall. A little more spin and my Tangerine exhaust would of been toast! huh.gif

Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Seabird @ Apr 28 2014, 05:45 AM) *

Ouch sorry to see that.

Miguel

Its not that bad, didn't keep me off the track at all. See you at the next NASA event!
tooms351
Wow bummer Shane.....loks like you'll have to get some flares to cover that wheel well up!
Jetsetsurfshop
Another from a couple weeks ago. I would post more but i'm having trouble uploading photos.
Joe---Its almost flare time chowtime.gif
tooms351
I bet you would make the most of more tire grip. They are great shots, that looks like t15 I didn't see them on awol's site. Are they not showing all the pics they take?
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(tooms351 @ May 3 2014, 07:11 AM) *

I bet you would make the most of more tire grip. They are great shots, that looks like t15 I didn't see them on awol's site. Are they not showing all the pics they take?

The disc they sent me had all the same photos I seen on the site. I only bought Sunday and asked for any photos that included the both of us.
I think this is t15 too.
Seabird
Can't wait to see how you address flare fill without over tiring the /4. I guess it's just wheel spacers. I want flats on mine...might not sit well with the vintage racing bodies mad.gif

Miguel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.