Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange electrical problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
With the ingnition off, when I move the wiper switch to the one position, my horn beeps. If I turn the ignition off, it stops. confused24.gif
mintyish
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 29 2014, 11:34 AM) *

With the ingnition off, when I move the wiper switch to the one position, my horn beeps. If I turn the ignition off, it stops. confused24.gif

It could be your steering column upper bearing breaking down - it's Nylon and falls apart with age and then allows the horn circuit to earth through the steering column.

Try wiggling the wheel up and down and see if you have any free play in the upper bearing.

You can get replacements and it's an easy fix...

Good luck

John
mepstein
Only drink German beer. Otherwise your car will be pissed off and honk at you
messix

With the ingnition off [ok], when I move the wiper switch to the one position, my horn beeps. If I turn the ignition off [ I thought you said it was off already?], it stops. confused24.gif

this post doesn't make any sense. please read edit above
SirAndy

Did you cross any wires from the horns and the parking lights?

With the ignition off, the parking lights are operated with the turn signal lever ...
idea.gif
914itis
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 29 2014, 04:48 PM) *

With the ingnition off [ok], when I move the wiper switch to the one position, my horn beeps. If I turn the ignition off [ I thought you said it was off already?], it stops. confused24.gif

this post doesn't make any sense. please read edit above

Correction, when I turn the ignition on., it stops.
914itis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 29 2014, 05:02 PM) *

Did you cross any wires from the horns and the parking lights?

With the ignition off, the parking lights are operated with the turn signal lever ...
idea.gif

That's the first thing that came to mind but it's not the signal lever. I didn't do any electrical work.
Just reinstalling my dash gauges .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.