Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top TLC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CTDan914
My Targar top is a little rough around the edges. Are these hard to fix up and restore or is it better to send it out and have someone do it?
Dave_Darling
You added an extra 'r' to the name--it's "Targa".

The tops are fiberglass with gelcoat over them, and then painted. If you are fine with using those things, you can fix them. If not, you might want to talk to someone who is.

--DD
JawjaPorsche
I took mine to a Line-X dealer. They sprayed mine for $175. Mine had a lot of chips and missing grain before taking it to Line-X. Looks like new except it is better! biggrin.gif

Note: This is the same paint they use in truck beds so it it much more durable than regular paint.

There are three dealers in Connecticut too!

Picture does not it justice, sorry. biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
Me too. I got the Kevlar LineX. Stuff is strong
cal914
I had mine LineX as well and it looks great would recommend all day long
CTDan914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 30 2014, 11:44 AM) *

You added an extra 'r' to the name--it's "Targa".

The tops are fiberglass with gelcoat over them, and then painted. If you are fine with using those things, you can fix them. If not, you might want to talk to someone who is.

--DD

I see that, LOL. Thanks Dave.
I have to see what's involved with doing the repair. Getting the finish on the spots I fix match the rest of the top in what I'm nerves about.
CTDan914
You guys that had Line-x do it. Did the Lin-x add any thickness to the top or is it much heaver?
PanelBilly
Its thin and light. We're now talking about a layer of tar here, the stuff is engineered to be light already. Everybody thinks it has to weight a ton, because it goes in truck beds most of the time, but it doesn't
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.