Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TA bushings bad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ewdysar
My car feels kinda like it's getting small steering inputs from the rear while freeway cruising on smooth and level stretches. I'm figuring that it's the trailing arm bushings (probably original). I guess it could also be a twitchy alignment, or just me getting used to a real sports car again.

How can I check the TA bushings for play without major disassembly? If they're bad, I'm probably going with Mueller bearings.

Mueller, where are the rear bearings available? I checked them out once with a link in your signature file, but that link's gone now...

Thanks,
Eric
SLITS
On a lift, push to and fro on the tire........you will see the TA moving at it's piviot point.
Aaron Cox
what doofmeiester says IPB Image

jack up the side of the car... pus and pull on the trainling arm. i had the same issue..dead bushings.

look for ovaled suspension ears too IPB Image
Mueller
I'm out of stock right now....Tarett Engineering has some in stock

if the bushings are that bad, you should be able to jack the car up and check by grabbing the end of the t/a and shaking it....
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 10 2005, 04:24 PM)
what doofmeiester says IPB Image

jack up the side of the car... pus and pull on the trainling arm. i had the same issue..dead bushings.

look for ovaled suspension ears too IPB Image

Pus and pull? I can see you are getting lots of work done Aaron. How is that project coming??
Aaron Cox
IPB Image call me on an effin typo...

project is ok... IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 10 2005, 04:58 PM)
IPB Image call me on an effin typo...

project is ok... IPB Image

I wouldnt have except there were a couple of them in just that one post. So I figured you were either slipping or illiterate. Knowing you, I assumed the first.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 10 2005, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 10 2005, 04:58 PM)
IPB Image  call me on an effin typo...

project is ok...  :wacko:

I wouldnt have except there were a couple of them in just that one post. So I figured you were either slipping or illiterate. Knowing you, I assumed the first.

thanks scott IPB Image
Twystd1
Where do you buy effin typo's???

Do I need them on my car like you guys to go fast????

Do they come in chrome?

Does Tarret sell em?

And do I have to shake my tires to see if I have bad ones?

Twystd1

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.