Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland junk yard find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
Gathering a few parts for my Pathfinder at the local bone yard this morning, I came upon this for sale. It's a 1975 car with a 1971 W-code 1.7 liter engine with 4-bolt intakes and a single carb setup. It looks like someone's project that sat and sat and sat. Looks to have Fuchs wheels. Also has a side-shift 901. It does not have a windshield or a top, so it's quite wet sitting out there in the rain.

Apologies for the lousy pictures. All I had was my phone. According to the guy at the counter they want $1600 for it, but he leaned in and told me that the management would be very open negotiation.

I'll add this car to the VIN database.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Eoww, wonder how much for the carb? icon8.gif
lonewolfe
Offer them half, $750.00 to start and see if negotiate a buy for $1000 or less. It's worth that easy!
914werke
Looks like an orig. Delphi Green car.
No interior, no bumpers no glass....Id start @ $500 and let them come up to $750 smile.gif
Rotary'14
looks like the rear window is worth some $$ it has the super rare electric defroster.
bdstone914
Did you check for rust in the common places? Even at 750 it needs a lot of parts.
speed metal army
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Mar 30 2014, 06:39 PM) *

looks like the rear window is worth some $$ it has the super rare electric defroster.

Super rare? I have a whack of those...
Rotary'14
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Mar 30 2014, 07:01 PM) *

I never see them here in So Cal. anymore,,, perhaps you should throw one on Ebay and see what it's worth. I don't see those around too often.

-Robert
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Mar 30 2014, 07:11 PM) *

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Mar 30 2014, 07:01 PM) *

I never see them here in So Cal. anymore,,, perhaps you should throw one on Ebay and see what it's worth. I don't see those around too often.

-Robert

I have one in my 1975. It's never worked since I've owned it though.
sgetsiv
They are fairly easy to fix - you just have to solder directly to the defroster wires - check with an ohm meter to be sure you made a solid connection.
lonewolfe
Interesting! I wondered if they are repairable. I thought perhaps the wires printed on the glass had be broken. I've not investigated the the issues with the window defroster. I take a better looks next day off I have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.