Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross Member belly pans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
This is the pan that goes underneath the cross member.

I have the alloy cross member like this.

IPB Image

The two pans below are different. The side profile is different. And the raised area where the mounting holes are located are different.

Anyone know which one is the appropriate one for the Carrera suspension with the alloy cross member like above

And if so, what is the other one from?

Belly pan #1

IPB Image

Belly pan #2

IPB Image
iamchappy
confused24.gif

Dont know, i dont use one anymore.....
bdstone914
I can't see how either pan will mount. All the 911 pans I have seen have hole at the corners like 914 pans. I do not know of anything in the middle of the pan area that it can mount to.
Qarl
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 2 2014, 12:03 AM) *

I can't see how either pan will mount. All the 911 pans I have seen have hole at the corners like 914 pans. I do not know of anything in the middle of the pan area that it can mount to.

I believe these pans are longer so the holes in the middle are equivalent to the corner holes on the 914 pan.

Valy
You need the original 914 pan. It mounts regardless of what crossmember you have.
I don't think the 911 will fit.
Only exception is when you use the 911 underbody sway bar.
McMark
agree.gif I bet a 914 pan with new holes drilled would be a better fit.

But I'm not sure which is which. Pelican members could probably tell you.
Qarl
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2014, 11:45 AM) *

agree.gif I bet a 914 pan with new holes drilled would be a better fit.

But I'm not sure which is which. Pelican members could probably tell you.

Hmmm... not sure how or why I'm thinking I needed this cover pan when switching the cross member out... weird. I've had them both for a while.

confused24.gif

OK thanks.
worn
QUOTE(Qarl @ Mar 30 2014, 02:38 PM) *

I am using the same cross member. Here is what I found as a belly pan for the 911 that goes with
Click to view attachment

I lost the straps and they are on order I think. I may simply make them, but I would have to take one off the 911 for comparison.
barefoot
QUOTE(Qarl @ Mar 30 2014, 06:38 PM) *

The two pans below are different. The side profile is different. And the raised area where the mounting holes are located are different.

Anyone know which one is the appropriate one for the Carrera suspension with the alloy cross member like above

And if so, what is the other one from?

My 76 with stock 914 cross member is not like either of your photos. Mounting bolts at front end are on turned up flange (rt angles to base) and leading edge has 3 short depressions that match underbody grooves. Rear edge has single large offset for clearance for brake master cyl.
Barefoot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.