Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 901 gate shifter -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
says it works on 911 901's.... whats the dilly on this gate shifter? Gate Shifter
TimT
that works on the 915 style shift tower. to use it you need to modify and install the 915 tower to work with a 901 (they have different shift patterns)
MattR
So the 915 shifter will work on both the side shift and tail shift? With modification... of course.
Jeroen
people on the bird-board claim it works...
dunno, prolly does, but it looks like a DIY hackjob to me
plus, you'd need a 915 shifter housing

When time comes, I'm just gonna get me a RennShifter (new revised version coming soon) and be done with it
MattR
The guy who makes that kit is a friend of mine... I can assure you its not a hack job. His 69 RS conversion is BEAUTIFUL.

This is $150 plus a 915 shifter. The RennShift is a lot more. I think this is a less expensive alternative.
Mueller
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 10 2005, 06:28 PM)
The guy who makes that kit is a friend of mine... I can assure you its not a hack job. His 69 RS conversion is BEAUTIFUL.

This is $150 plus a 915 shifter. The RennShift is a lot more. I think this is a less expensive alternative.

the "hose clamp" kinda adds to the perception.....never heard anything wrong with the kits, but I don't follow the 911 stuff too much....
MattR
Mike, that looks like a prototype.

IPB Image

thats the one I saw.
736conver
I had this on my 73 911 I had. It was the more expensive one not the one with the hose clamps. It work pretty decent and it was easy to install. I never had a problem going into the wrong gear after it was installed.
Dont know how well it would work on a teener though.
skline
Aaron, just get yourself a Rennshifter and be done with it. No looking everywhere trying to find all the right parts. The hassle alone is worth it.
Jeroen
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 11 2005, 03:28 AM)
The guy who makes that kit is a friend of mine... I can assure you its not a hack job.  His 69 RS conversion is BEAUTIFUL.

I didn't say it IS a hack job, I said it LOOKS like it...
Just a little to crude for my taste
And like I mentioned, I never heard anything bad about it

About the hoseclamp... IIRC, that's only used to fit the parts
you're supposed to weld the tabs to the shift stick
(like the second pic shows)
John
I don't know if those work with 901 gearboxes in 914's, but they sure work well with 915 boxes in 914's. That is the setup I run. (the link above says it works with the 901)

Did anyone download that 500MB PDF file?

About the hoseclamp... IIRC, that's only used to fit the parts
you're supposed to weld the tabs to the shift stick
(like the second pic shows)

IPB Image That is what you are supposed to to when everything is aligned correctly.

It works like it is supposed to.

The mod for 901/914's that I saw was simply a reverse-first lockout where a pin would fall in the way preventing the user from selecting that gate.
greglepore
The Seine shifter, fwiw, works great on a 911 w/ 901 or 915. It is a major pain to adapt a 915 housing to a sideshift 901, as you need to cut the eye off the 901 shift rod and tig it to the 915 rod at just the right depth-ie accounting for the fact that the 915 housing sits higher. No fun, took me almost 2 full days to get it done.
TimT
Say what?

the seine shift is still a hack job, always has been, and always will be

seine shift does work though

hose clamps sheesh

RENNSHIFT
Aaron Cox
year old post.....

since i have bought a rennshift and am uber satisfied
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.