Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s in Charleston, SC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
vitis

Found a guy in Charleston, SC that has 8 "complete" 914s for parts. He has one yellow 1.7 he wants $950 for that has a title. They all are rusty but seem complete. One is broken in half but the others would be transportable with a tow dolly or trailer. I didn't spend alot of time looking at the cars but I know things like taillights, headlight motors, instrument clusters, engines, gearboxes, etc are there. He is going to sell the property this fall and will crush what is left.

Milt
MikeInMunich
Ah ha. Very interesting. And what shall we do with this new information? confused24.gif

shades.gif

M.i.M.
vitis
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Mar 31 2014, 02:47 PM) *

Ah ha. Very interesting. And what shall we do with this new information? confused24.gif

shades.gif

M.i.M.

WEEELLLLLLL....I cannot personally use 8 (EIGHT) parts cars but I would hope that there would be some local 914 owners that would be interested. I will inquire as to the price of these "gems in the rough" but wanted to get ideas before presenting a proposal to the seller.

Milt
billh1963
These were posted sometime last year. At that time he wanted way to much for what were essentially very poor parts cars. Sounds like he may have adjusted his prices.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 1 2014, 03:37 PM) *

These were posted sometime last year. At that time he wanted way to much for what were essentially very poor parts cars. Sounds like he may have adjusted his prices.

That's with two 'owes', Bill. bye1.gif

M.i.M.
wingnut86
I could go down tomorrow and take a look. Might even pick Bill up if he has cash to burn.

Where are the cars, who, when, phone #s?

Dave
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Apr 5 2014, 11:19 PM) *

I could go down tomorrow and take a look. Might even pick Bill up if he has cash to burn.

Dave

I'm done with buying rusty 914's... lol-2.gif

(at least that is what I keep telling myself... idea.gif )
vitis

Dave

Dave,

I have my son checking on them and will get you the phone number. The guy that owns them has moved to Asheville NC and has dumped the attempt to get rid of everything is by his friend, Brian. My son lives in Charleston and is getting the info for us. My son found the 914 on Craigslist in Charleston about a week ago.

Milt
daytona
Hi all,
I am in Daytona and would be interested in one or some of these part cars. Just in case you are trying to get a group together to purchase all of them.
Bill.

QUOTE(vitis @ Apr 7 2014, 01:21 PM) *

Dave

Dave,

I have my son checking on them and will get you the phone number. The guy that owns them has moved to Asheville NC and has dumped the attempt to get rid of everything is by his friend, Brian. My son lives in Charleston and is getting the info for us. My son found the 914 on Craigslist in Charleston about a week ago.

Milt

DRPHIL914
Not sure you can make one good car, or even half a one from all those - but its better than leaving them to continue rusting away! hope you can salvage a few parts
vitis
Bill,

I hoped I could get some interest and then maybe get most of the cars at one time so we could possibly get a better deal. They are rusty but looks like mechanical parts are there. Is there a particular year or engine you are interested in? I will get my son to take some pictures. He will be on vacation this next week and then we have a race the 10th weekend but hopefully he can get some info for us after that.

Milt

QUOTE(daytona @ Apr 13 2014, 09:30 PM) *

Hi all,
I am in Daytona and would be interested in one or some of these part cars. Just in case you are trying to get a group together to purchase all of them.
Bill.

QUOTE(vitis @ Apr 7 2014, 01:21 PM) *

Dave

Dave,

Milt

barefoot
QUOTE(vitis @ Mar 31 2014, 09:21 AM) *

Found a guy in Charleston, SC that has 8 "complete" 914s for parts. He has one yellow 1.7 he wants $950 for that has a title. They all are rusty but seem complete. One is broken in half but the others would be transportable with a tow dolly or trailer. I didn't spend alot of time looking at the cars but I know things like taillights, headlight motors, instrument clusters, engines, gearboxes, etc are there. He is going to sell the property this fall and will crush what is left.

Milt

Sorry, no engines/trannies in any of them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.