Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB some missing tins done, thanks Bdstone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
barefoot
When i got my 76 it had been converted to a 1.7L, but the engine top tins were 2L with some extra large holes for the 1.7 spark plug locations. it was also missing all the front end tins under the fan.
I bought a set of 1.7 L tins off E-Bay, but seem to still be missing something important.
Got all my tins back from media blasting and priming and started a rough first assembly. Photos show what I've got, i need what's missing, help a guy out here.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gcrotvik
I may have the alternator cover. I don't have the right corner. I will check tomorrow night. If I have it and it works for you, just pay for shipping.

Cheers!

Greg
bdstone914
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 31 2014, 06:54 PM) *

I may have the alternator cover. I don't have the right corner. I will check tomorrow night. If I have it and it works for you, just pay for shipping.

Cheers!

Greg

There is also a plastic ring that goes in back of the alternator plate. There are two different types of alternator tins and matching plastic rings. Found out the hard way after trying to install the wrong ring.
Bruce
gcrotvik
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 31 2014, 08:35 PM) *

Cheers!

Greg

There is also a plastic ring that goes in back of the alternator plate. There are two different types of alternator tins and matching plastic rings. Found out the hard way after trying to install the wrong ring.
Bruce

Bruce,

The alternator cover I have is from a 2.0. Will that fit a 1.7?

Greg
barefoot
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 31 2014, 09:54 PM) *

Cheers!

Greg

Greg;
Thanks, you're on.
It looks like the right side tin has been chopped from going around the corner. i think that's supposed to be one piece, but have never seen one up close.
Barefoot
bdstone914
Does look like your was chopped.

Here is what it is supposed to look like.
bdstone914
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 31 2014, 09:01 PM) *

Cheers!

Greg

Bruce

Bruce,

Greg

Greg,
I could not track the differences to the engine size.
Based on the appearance of the alternator face he will need the one on the left.
Bruce

gcrotvik
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 1 2014, 12:47 PM) *

Might have been chopped for an A/C compressor.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 1 2014, 04:28 PM) *

Cheers!

Greg

Bruce

Bruce,

Greg

Greg,
Based on the appearance of the alternator face he will need the one on the left.
Bruce

I believe that's the one I have. I looked in the PET this morning and saw 3 or 4 different part numbers but couldn't tell what the correct part number was. Thanks, this helps.

Greg
gcrotvik
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Apr 1 2014, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 1 2014, 04:28 PM) *

Cheers!

Greg

Bruce

Bruce,

Greg

Greg,
Bruce

I believe that's the one I have. I looked in the PET this morning and saw 3 or 4 different part numbers but couldn't tell what the correct part number was. Thanks, this helps.

Greg

Unfortunately, I do not have the alternator cover. It must have not been savable when I pulled it. Sorry!
barefoot
icon_bump.gif
QUOTE(barefoot @ Mar 31 2014, 08:42 PM) *

When i got my 76 it had been converted to a 1.7L, but the engine top tins were 2L with some extra large holes for the 1.7 spark plug locations. it was also missing all the front end tins under the fan.
I bought a set of 1.7 L tins off E-Bay, but seem to still be missing something important.
Got all my tins back from media blasting and priming and started a rough first assembly. Photos show what I've got, i need what's missing, help a guy out here.

barefoot
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 1 2014, 03:47 PM) *

BRUCE
Thanks for the offer, I've PM'd you to ask for shipping, did you get it ?
Barefoot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.