Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross Freak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Man, I've let myself go....
EdwardBlume
I'd like to see more 914s out at the local PCA autocrosses. You don't have to be a member. Lets get a group together!!
J P Stein
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ May 28 2003, 09:14 PM)
Man, I've let myself go....

Yes you have and I know how it feels. Get some decent numbers and you'll feel better about it all.....prolly outta get some sox, too.
airsix
Nice ride! I really like the black stripes on the charcoal(ish) paint. Very classy looking. Nice and subtle. I've never been much of a fan of the stripes, but these look really GREAT.

-Ben M.
seanery
I agree with Ben. Prolly the best looking stripes around.
Gint
I don't seee any stripes?

Car does look good though.

Where are the stripes?
EdwardBlume
Here's a better picture. The stripe is easy enough to put on. It also helps protect the paint when my wife (and I) hit cones.
Demick
Car looks great! Was that before or after the front-hood-wrapping-around-the-windshield incident?

Demick
Brad Roberts
Oh.. Demick going straight for the throat "Was that before or after the front-hood-wrapping"

Now he has to tell the whole group how that happened.

B
Demick
Ha Ha. Nothing like stirring the pot a little.

Thought Rob's picture would make a good 'black outline' kind of picture especially with the side stripes.

Demick
Brad Roberts
I think I know the person who installed that hood and "tried" to pound out the cowl area. ha ha clap56.gif

Rob is going to ar15.gif us.

B
Lawrence
Great looking car. I always thought that charcoal metallic was classy on 914s. Better than silver, even.

-Rusty
Gint
It a sweet looking car in that color. I like the stripe on it also.
Aaron Cox
ya...i like the stripes too.

anyway, where is cambell, CA? how do you get into autocrossing? can you AX a stock 914?
Brad Roberts
Aaron,

Your would autoX at Qualcom with the PCA Sand Diego region which has a some very quick 914's.

Campbell is up here in the SF bay area (really close to San Jose)

B
Aaron Cox
whaddabout cost? how much does it cost to AX per "session"? qualcomm is an hour out of where i live. i saw a 911 with a PCA riverside chapter[B] license frame...i researched, they dont have much to offer race/ax wise. but they have 1 914 membver!
Demick
You get into autocrossing simply by going and trying it. Only thing you need is a helmet - and most organizations have loaner helmets if you don't have one. Can a stock 914 participate? Yes definitely. Your car only needs to be able to pass a simple tech inspection - which any safe roadworthy car can pass. Cost here in the Bay Area is $30. Autocrossing is the cheapest and safest way to learn the limits of your car. It's the only safe place I know that you can actually drive at or beyond the limits of the car or driver, and not have consequences except for hitting a few cones and scrubbing off some rubber.

As Dave Darling used to say, it's the most fun you can have in a 914 unless you are *really* limber!

Try it. Chances are you'll get hooked!

Demick
'74 2.0
Alexlitov
What if you live in Bay Area. Want to AutoX, but don't have a 914 yet? Oh yes my other car can still do some damage cornering :-)
Demick
QUOTE(Alexlitov @ May 29 2003, 12:38 PM)
What if you live in Bay Area. Want to AutoX, but don't have a 914 yet? Oh yes my other car can still do some damage cornering :-)

SCCA or NASA. Some car-specific clubs also do their own series. BMW club used to hold their own series - we used to share the Candlestick parking lot with them.

Demick
EdwardBlume
There's a good number of 914s in the Bay Area. I would really enjoy a road trip or overnight 914 club event that incorporates an autocross. I enjoy looking and talking about 914s, as well as driving them. Just a thought..... rolleyes.gif
EdwardBlume
Was that before or after the front-hood-wrapping-around-the-windshield incident?

AFTER!!!! Thanks! Let's just say that one shouldn't try to fit two tires in the front trunk tied down by string, then do somebody a favor by driving around town for awhile.

And yes, I'm a happy B customer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.