Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Directional Switch Change out.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
My directional switch will not reset and I can not hear the relay over the engine and I can not see the indicators behind the wheel. I am constantly finding them blinking away and its making me crazy.

Since I know I hate working on anything dash related, I thought I would ask what kind of a project is this?

Thanks
John
bdstone914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 1 2014, 05:53 PM) *

My directional switch will not reset and I can not hear the relay over the engine and I can not see the indicators behind the wheel. I am constantly finding them blinking away and its making me crazy.

Since I know I hate working on anything dash related, I thought I would ask what kind of a project is this?

Thanks
John

The flasher relay is accessed by dropping the fuse panel after removing the two screws. The relay is clipped to the rear portion of the fuse panel.
The turn signal switch requires removing the steering wheel. I think you may have to drop the lower dash to get to the socket at the bottom.
wndsnd
Bruce

I think my relay is in the dash on the sill plate. Getting to it is almost impossible from underneath. Probably the best way is through the instrument panel. My problem is with the column lever.
That's what I have to replace.

John
TheCabinetmaker
Pull the steering wheel (easy). You can then see if the return tabs are intact. The 4 small screws around the perimiter will prohibit cancellation if too tight.
r_towle
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 1 2014, 09:31 PM) *

Pull the steering wheel (easy). You can then see if the return tabs are intact. The 4 small screws around the perimiter will prohibit cancellation if too tight.

agree.gif

There are two little plastic things one on each side at 9and 3 also

Rich
wndsnd
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 1 2014, 09:31 PM) *

This I am willing to do.
TheCabinetmaker
If it does need to be replaced, just remove the 4 screws and gently wiggle it out. You will have to remove the knee pad to plug the new one in. It's a 2 on a one to ten scale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.