Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piston selection for stock rebuild w stock fuel Inj.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
1974 1.8 914
I am rebuilding the stock engine with the stock 1.8 injection system. What piston and or piston cylinder kit be can used? It seems that most P/C kits require carbs.

Thanks.
yeahmag
Any reason not to take the current P/C set to the machinist and having them cleaned up, honed, and new rings? Unless they measure out of spec you can reuse them.
type47
QUOTE(tach @ Apr 2 2014, 03:56 PM) *

It seems that most P/C kits require carbs.

Never heard that. But if you're doing a rebuild, look into 96mm pistons and cylinders. With stock 1.8 crankshaft, the displacement becomes 1911cc and you can use your L-Jet system.....
Black22
agree.gif
Good torque in a 1911. Someday's I wish I had gone to a 2056, but then if I had, I would wish I had gone to a 6! Then I would wish my wallet wasn't empty, so I'm glad I went with a 1911 and Ljet.

Keith Black 96mm pistons a matching cylinders.
Cap'n Krusty
I may have a set of new 1.8 pistons and cylinders in the barn .........................

The Cap'n
ConeDodger
Your most critical component choice is your cam not your pistons and cylinders...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.