Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB / Weber IDF 40 carburetor cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
i love porsche
so I am in the process of rebuilding my carbs. got the first one done beautifully. while taking apart the second carb, and getting the float hinge pin out, I broke the aluminum mount for the pin.

so basically im looking for a whole replacement carb cover for a IDF 40 (pictured below is the same part for the 36, there are small differences but you get the idea of what im looking for)

IPB Image

if I cant find anything I guess ill try a careful application of jb weld..but that's my last resort.

thanks

Aaron
bdstone914
I think I have one. Parts are with a friend. I do not recall seeing two inlet ports on Webers.
Bruce
ThePaintedMan
Yup, gotta be careful with those float legs. Very, very fragile. I try to always tap the pin out from the direction of the split leg first to avoid any undue stress on it.

If Bruce cannot fix you up, those can be fixed by anyone halfway decent at TIG-welding.

JB Weld, though somewhat impervious to gas when cured is probably not a good idea and won't last very long.
i love porsche
good point on welding vs jbweld....at first i didnt remember that i have access to a good welder here at work who could probably fix it for me.
bdstone914
Sorry but I can't help with the carb top.
The parts were used to build a set and sold.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.