Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjkavanagh
Hey guys, I'm looking for a set of 2.0 heads and found these on ebay. Since I'm fairly new at this, what's your opinion on these?
-Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT
skline
Those are bus heads. You would be better off with a set of 1.8 liter heads. If you could get them for what the current bid is (66.00) then it would be ok. But other than that, they are lower compression heads and use the 4 bolt intakes. Nothing special
SpecialK
2.0 bus heads, and 2.0 914 heads are two different animals.
Jake Raby
Yep, about as different as Night and day..

The relocated plug hole alone is good for 8-10% more power in my testing. Thats not to mention the more straight intake ports ad the fact that the 2.0 914 head is the only T4 head that is a 76% head right off the shelf.
rjkavanagh
Thanks guys, I now know what to look for.
Jake Raby
I have a complete great running 50,000 mile engine with 2.0 heads in the classifieds...

Never rebuilt or touched before!

1400 bucks!
URY914
So Jake what is the going rate for a set of used 914 2.0 heads? No cracks, and ready to be rebuilt.

Paul
SLITS
Bought three pairs of heads...price range $300 - $400 per pair....but then, I am a cheap bastard.
Jake Raby
3-400 is a good price if they are unknown condition..

I have sold them for up to 700 before that were damn near perfect
Mueller
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 11 2005, 09:45 AM)
So Jake what is the going rate for a set of used 914 2.0 heads? No cracks, and ready to be rebuilt.

Paul

I was offered $500 for my 2.0 heads and turned them down.....just too hard to find decent ones....I'm waiting for pricing on Jakes new heads before I start looking at getting brand new square port heads and the cost associated with tricking out those for use in our cars....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.