Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Top recovered $351
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sean_v8_914
this is a late model dash. covered in genuine nalga hide. i killed 3 nalgas with my bare hands to do this dash. they will not fight nor bite as you attempt to install them in your 914.
$88 core charge. if you dont give me a core, i cant do another one
sean_v8_914
dxgfds
bdstone914
Nalga translates from Spanish as buttcheeks.
av-943.gif
sean_v8_914
ry
sean_v8_914
...and I jumped 3.
talk about taking one for the team. im there for ya
sean_v8_914
fdg
JmuRiz
VERY cool, are you doing a service or only selling this one and getting a new core?

I have a dash, but it has a hard plastic topper on it now. I love the look of a stitched dash...but I don't how good my core would be.
sean_v8_914
as long as teh core has good under-structure and those plastic studs are all good. i have to pluck alot of th cracked crap off anyways. i pluck it off to give teh fg polyester resin something to grab to. its like bondo only better material

i like building things in batches so i did 3 and only needed 1
JmuRiz
Shoot me a PM and we'll figure out the details, since I'm in the DC area (cross country)
smarens
same boat with mine cracked up, what is your turn around time normally?
Mblizzard
Sean, I hate you! That is another $300 I am going to have to spend! Amazing work! Looks like it will be winter time before I can get to it but it is on the list.
mrfourteen
Buenas. Nalgas popular bumper sticker in Cabo

I have core dash pads piling up if you need some.
ruby914
Sean,
That looks great, nice work. beerchug.gif
sean_v8_914
i was incomunicado since Thursday . cox changed the pop server name so outlook had me thinking i had no emails. I was also in prep for the San Diego gran Fondo 100 mile bike race
sean_v8_914
when remving the dash, dont force anything. if it wont come off easy, you probably missed a plastic nut. ill post some pics of where the nuts are
sean_v8_914
bump
boogie_man
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 17 2014, 11:34 AM) *

bump

Shouldn't you be checking your email about now ? beer.gif
dangrouche
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 8 2014, 01:49 PM) *

when remving the dash, dont force anything. if it wont come off easy, you probably missed a plastic nut. ill post some pics of where the nuts are

here's the pic of the nine dash plastic bolts. this is not my pic, but as I am doing my windshield currently, mine was only held in by the center one. so taking it off was easy!!!
sean_v8_914
i just did another dash. its a late dash. this time I used a thin high density foam wrap under the vinyl. I don't have any early cores. some 914 world member gave me some free cores so if your core is crap, don't worry about it.
sean_v8_914
this one is a little less since I like it a little less than the last 2. im not in love with the rt corner of the gauge hood.

the white plastic screws are removable. the center of the screw has a square expander peg. this dash was saved with donor screws from a dash whos inner metal was rusted and crunchy

$331
sean_v8_914

ash tray delete coming soon driving.gif
getting ready to do one in real leather also. i hope the leather cooperates . it would be an expensive mistake
thin leather should be cheaper, right? nope. its "$pecial"
sean_v8_914
does anyone local have a metal dash frame to donate? i want to experiment. some of yall mentioned a saggy dash. i havent seen one yet but some of teh cores once stripped feel flimsy. i want to try some different materials on teh really nasty cores.
sean_v8_914
i want to wrap it with a blemish mistake skin and leave it in teh sun and weather to test aging
914itis
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jul 1 2014, 02:54 PM) *

does anyone local have a metal dash frame to donate? i want to experiment. some of yall mentioned a saggy dash. i havent seen one yet but some of teh cores once stripped feel flimsy. i want to try some different materials on teh really nasty cores.

I have one.
I also sent you a pm about the dash.
euro911
I need to replace the weathered, curling forward dash material on the 'BB'. Mark Whitesell sent me a roll of material , so when I pull the 'late' dash out, I may send it down to you to recover idea.gif
sean_v8_914
the imperfection is
post #19 first pic
post #20 first pic
gauge hood right side curve
its hard to notice, even harder to spot once installed
dudzy's914
what about doing the lower dash?
sean_v8_914
yes, ill do the lower dash for $300. less curves should make it a little easier
dudzy's914
What about the pad behind the dash?
euro911
Mark sells a reproduction piece for that area on 914rubber.com
echocanyons
Hi Sean,

I have been trying to reach you for about a week, could you contact me regarding the leather dash top and underdash?
echocanyons
Hi Sean I have been patiently waiting to hear back from you for several weeks now.

follow-up

Thanks for contacting me, I look forward to completing this deal Sean
euro911
Looks like the last time he was on the board was 19th January 2015 - 08:34 AM

Sean is a pretty stand-up guy ... have you tried calling him? call me.gif
echocanyons
I thought he was a stand-up guy too.
Last time I spoke with Sean he said he would call me right back, that was three weeks ago.

I have called multiple times, emailed, PM'd and texted him, his voicemail box has been full.

I'm willing to work with the guy but can't seem to contact him.
fs096b
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 3 2014, 08:59 AM) *

this is a late model dash. covered in genuine nalga hide. i killed 3 nalgas with my bare hands to do this dash. they will not fight nor bite as you attempt to install them in your 914.
$88 core charge. if you dont give me a core, i cant do another one

I have a core, email me info, phone # so I can call you,
echocanyons
I did contact Sean, it looks like there was some family issues that prevented him from getting back with me, I am confident that we will finish the dash recover soon
JmuRiz
Phew...good to hear, hopefully it's not bad family stuff.

I've been thinking about having him do my dash as well. It's a nice/upgraded look.
euro911
Sometimes life will throw a curve ball at any one of us.

Glad to hear your concerns were handled, and hoping all is well regarding Sean's family matters.
echocanyons
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 14 2015, 01:27 AM) *

this gauge hood was very deformed but its an early dash so I gotta fix it

QUOTE(echocanyons @ Apr 14 2015, 06:29 AM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 14 2015, 01:27 AM) *

this gauge hood was very deformed but its an early dash so I gotta fix it

Unfortunately this matter has still not been resolved, I am hopeful that Sean Malloy will do the right thing.
sean_v8_914
yes, I took too long on Kelly's dash. I am sorry about that. hopefull my revised methods will produce a result worht the wait.
in the future they will not take so dang long now that its all figured out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.