Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Was looking to buy some parts from AA,need the sail chrome bits and the front and rear bumper tops .Whats the quality like on there parts
Thanks
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(cal914 @ Apr 3 2014, 01:47 PM) *

Was looking to buy some parts from AA,need the sail chrome bits and the front and rear bumper tops .Whats the quality like on there parts
Thanks

popcorn[1].gif

StratPlayer
I would post a Wanted to Buy add in the classified's on this site first. I'm sure more folks will be chiming in on this subject.
brant
AA has a terrible reputation for customer service and accurate parts description
76-914
agree.gif Yep, do a search here on AA and I'll bet that 90% of it is negative. The bumper tops can be ordered from Mikey914 here. Do a search on Mikey914 and you'll fine 99% satisfaction rate.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(cal914 @ Apr 3 2014, 11:47 AM) *

Thanks

Bumper tops = www.914rubber.com

Not sure on where to get the sail chrome bits. Post a WTB in the classifieds.
ConeDodger
Some of the chrome you are looking for is available through Stoddard IIRC... biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
Yep, here over AA anyday.
Mblizzard
For some AA has its place. You can sometimes get stuff from them that you can't find other places. But it is at a premium. So while I don't consider them a first option, they do have a role. I would wait weeks on Mike at 914 Rubber unless it was a must have now item. If i did not have that tine then AA might be an option????

Sometimes the best parts I have purchased have been from people here. Can't go wrong talking to Cap'n Krusty, Bruce Stone, Garold, and many others first.
jeeperjohn56
If your talking about sail trim parts at targa edge, pelican parts have them and the bumper tops 914 Rubber.com has them at a great price. Give Mark a call. John
Qarl
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Apr 3 2014, 04:29 PM) *

If your talking about sail trim parts at targa edge, pelican parts have them and the bumper tops 914 Rubber.com has them at a great price. Give Mark a call. John

I just ordered the sail panel trim (the curved pieces on the backside) from my Porsche Dealer. If you are a PCA member, you should get a discount!
malcolm2
It is tough for AA to compete with the common man selling small quantities. For the most part they have anything and everything and have the overhead and different employees with different feelings about what they are doing. When you call AA, lots of times you get the owner to answer the phone. He is a great wealth of knowledge and help.

I have purchased items from just about every source and you get multiple levels of quality and customer service from each, each time. I will say that I don't ever remember an issue from Pelican tho. With the exception of the multiple warehouse shipping.

So just shop around, negotiate, find a coupon, look for a sale, have fun with it.

Not much help, I know. But that is my 2 cents.

Clark
ripper911
I would buy the bumper top seals from whomever has the lowest price, they are the same product. George makes them, so I'd bet there are some on eBay for a good price.

The sail panel chrome is available from porsche, everyone should sell them, but they occasionally get on backorder from the factory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.