Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixing the display format? Your help is needed!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
HELP!!! I clicked on a topic from a google search and now my screen shows a topic and a mere list of replies. I KNOW this has been discussed more than a couple of times, but it's not in the FAQs and I haven't the slightest idea how to find the answer ..................

TIA, The Cap'n
rick 918-S
Options button. On my screen its on the upper right of the post.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 3 2014, 02:54 PM) *

HELP!!! I clicked on a topic from a google search and now my screen shows a topic and a mere list of replies. I KNOW this has been discussed more than a couple of times, but it's not in the FAQs and I haven't the slightest idea how to find the answer ..................

TIA, The Cap'n

Select the "options" drop down on the right and switch to your preferred viewing style.

malcolm2
The options drop down button is on the same line as the title of the post. It is directly above the word "Post #1". Then you should choose STANDARD.... just a guess.

It feels good to have a hand in HELPING the Cap'n. Help is so rarely is requested.
Cap'n Krusty
Thanks, guys! I feel sooooo dumb! On second thopught, it may just be oldtimers' disease. I really think this should be in the FAQs.

The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 3 2014, 10:18 PM) *

Thanks, guys! I feel sooooo dumb! On second thopught, it may just be oldtimers' disease. I really think this should be in the FAQs.

The Cap'n

First link/topic in the nailed(!) thread in the garage with the title "Need Help? FAQ, Rules, Tech Articles, it's all here!, Links to all the important parts of the 914world site"

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=94568

Not sure how much more obvious i can make it, but i'm open to your oldtimers suggestions ...
biggrin.gif
r_towle
Seems weird that coming in from Google, or anyplace else, would allow that user settings to be changed....

Can those settings be fixed, I mean fixed, like held in place, or even hard coded?
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 4 2014, 04:29 AM) *

Seems weird that coming in from Google, or anyplace else, would allow that user settings to be changed....

Can those settings be fixed, I mean fixed, like held in place, or even hard coded?

Google links will often be in "outline" mode which is a setting that is passed on using a url parameter.

When you click on such a link from Google, the forum software interprets this as if you switch from normal mode to outline mode yourself.

I'd have to dig into the forum software to see if there is a fix for that ...
type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.