Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what is your opinion on this tub?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=232681 This is a tub in the classifieds cars and rollers.

What do you think of this tub? Is there anybody close by that can check on its condition? I would like to get a decent tub that doesn't need a huge amount of structural fix up like longs and hell hole rebuilding. It would cost me about 1k to bring to the midwest but if this was a decent enough tub then that 1.5k would be pretty cheap. So is this a good tub or do we need more info to decide?
Thanks,
Buck
bdstone914
I would be most concerned about the damage in the back corner. These cars get twisted very easily and what looks like minor damage can be a major straightening of the body. Need some one local how knows what to look for.

Bruce
JRust
I believe it has a salvadge title. Be tough to justify shipping it to indiana.
madmax914
I have bought parts from the seller in the past, he is a straight shooter, what did he have to say about the car?
carr914
He's got Free Delivery (PDX, I don't know what that means). Get it dropped off at Rick Ollah's MN with the Rear Clip and have Rick put the Clip on, fix the Rust and have it on the Cellette. You could have a perfect starter for not a lot of money
campbellcj
PDX is the airport code for Portland, OR.

Per the pics the rust and damage does not look too awful, considering some of the nightmares we see here. The seller has documented the issues and lots of pics which is a positive for sure. But as has been said many times here before, there are 3 things to watch out for on any 914:

1) Rust
2) Rust
3) Rust

I guess I have been extremely lucky/spoiled, having bought 2 complete, running, non-rusty So. Cal. 73 2.0 cars for chump change back before prices started climbing...

Hopefully a member in the area will be able to look at the tub for you. Good luck and don't hesitate to post follow-up questions or updates!
cary
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 4 2014, 12:10 PM) *

I believe it has a salvadge title. Be tough to justify shipping it to indiana.

Yep ........... salvage title

JRust
Seller is a straight up guy. I didn't mean my comment to put the car itself down. I thought about picking it up myself. Love Phoenix red & always wanted one. I just wouldn't pay to ship a 914 project with a salvage title. I've restored a 914 with a salvage title. Really effects resale value. So I would not do a restoration on a salvage car. Making one a daily driver I don't have to worry about confused24.gif is another story
cary
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 4 2014, 08:16 PM) *

Seller is a straight up guy. I didn't mean my comment to put the car itself down. I thought about picking it up myself. Love Phoenix red & always wanted one. I just wouldn't pay to ship a 914 project with a salvage title. I've restored a 914 with a salvage title. Really effects resale value. So I would not do a restoration on a salvage car. Making one a daily driver I don't have to worry about confused24.gif is another story

Ditto on what Jamie said.
If you're going to keep it forever it would be fine.
If you're going to build a car to sell you'll be disappointed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.